The first challenge is finding the hotel - this is not easy but if you follow directions for the IKEA store, that will take you there. Plenty of parking and check in was extremely friendly and efficient. The ground floor room was huge and had everything you expect from a budget hotel and more - although the pillows were horribly soft and thin. The usual inability of hotels to match the number of milk cartons with the tea and coffee supplied was met with a friendly offer of a small jug of fresh milk. Also worth comment is the fact that there are plenty of plug sockets to charge the usual travelling electronics. What sets this above the usual budget hotels is the bar/restaurant in the hotel rather than in an adjoining pub (incidentally there is a soulless looking pub across the car park but I didn't look in there). The service was friendly and while the food isn't outstanding (the breakfast was somewhat uninspired but functional as indeed was the evening meal) it is OK value and filled a hole. You won't be checking in to this hotel for the views - unless you are partial to views of an astroturf football pitch. The room was quiet and comfortable. Check out was met with an offer of a taxi if needed - which it wasn't. I gather it offers a minibus to the airport service but I was not using air transport. Nice, clean, comfortable and friendly at a very competitive price. Yes, the in room information was a bit tatty but at this price, who is complaining? Not me. Would happily use this chain again - not least due to the friendliness of the staff which makes such a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel is in a very prominent location: just 2 miles from Paisley Gilmour Street train station, 500 yards from Braehead shopping centre, 8 minutes drive from Glasgow Airport and just 1 minutes drive off M8 motorway junction 25A.(Postcode G51 4FB) which provides the perfect base for exploring one of Europe's most exciting cities and its beautiful surrounds. This purpose built modern fully air-conditioned hotel has 103 en-suite bedrooms, unlimited high-speed wi fi at £3 for 24 hours, FREE parking for all guest, 24 hr reception/access and has all the facilities you would expect from a large and successful modern hotel chain. This is our latest 4th generation Campanile Hotel with a contemporary decor at very competitive rates. All our bedrooms are en-suite with power shower, flat screen televisions, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Why not book a table in our modern 60 seated fully licensed restaurant which provides a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a variety of French, Scottish and continental cuisine, as well as daily chef's specials. The hotel also offers 4 conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people. All rooms have air conditioning and natural day light and will be set up to meet your desires. Our helpful, friendly team are always on hand to ensure your stay is relaxing and home from home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Scotland