I stayed in the hotel after an overnight transatlantic flight. The hotel was booked through hot wire so I ended up paying less than $50. That said, it was $50 wasted.
The room was advertised as 3 stars, however that was definitely not the case once I arrived there.
The room was large, however it was devoid of any furniture, other other than a bed, and a tiny (maybe 15'') tv.
The large bed was made up of 2 TWIN BEDS BOLTED TOGETHER. This left an uncomfortable ridge down the centre of the bed. That, and coupled with the box springs that were too small, causing the edge of the bed to sag, prevented any real rest. I managed to sleep a couple of hours purely from fatigue after being up for 30+, and then left the same afternoon as it was clear that sleep would not be an option for the night.
Another note, the shower floor was located approximately 6 inches above the bathroom floor, and which was very dangerous on a wet floor.
In conclusion, avoid this hotel. Pay the extra money and stay at the airport. 3 stars is a massive overstatement for the quality of this hotel. 2 would be very generous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel is in a very prominent location: just 2 miles from Paisley Gilmour Street train station, 500 yards from Braehead shopping centre, 8 minutes drive from Glasgow Airport and just 1 minutes drive off M8 motorway junction 25A.(Postcode G51 4FB) which provides the perfect base for exploring one of Europe's most exciting cities and its beautiful surrounds. This purpose built modern fully air-conditioned hotel has 103 en-suite bedrooms, unlimited high-speed wi fi at £3 for 24 hours, FREE parking for all guest, 24 hr reception/access and has all the facilities you would expect from a large and successful modern hotel chain. This is our latest 4th generation Campanile Hotel with a contemporary decor at very competitive rates. All our bedrooms are en-suite with power shower, flat screen televisions, hairdryer, tea and coffee facilities. Why not book a table in our modern 60 seated fully licensed restaurant which provides a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a variety of French, Scottish and continental cuisine, as well as daily chef's specials. The hotel also offers 4 conference rooms that can hold up to 100 people. All rooms have air conditioning and natural day light and will be set up to meet your desires. Our helpful, friendly team are always on hand to ensure your stay is relaxing and home from home experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Campanile Glasgow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Hotel Glasgow
- Campanile Glasgow Airport Scotland