“Very cheap but money still wasted”

Campanile Glasgow Airport
Ranked #59 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Brighton, Canada
“Very cheap but money still wasted”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed in the hotel after an overnight transatlantic flight. The hotel was booked through hot wire so I ended up paying less than $50. That said, it was $50 wasted.

The room was advertised as 3 stars, however that was definitely not the case once I arrived there.

The room was large, however it was devoid of any furniture, other other than a bed, and a tiny (maybe 15'') tv.

The large bed was made up of 2 TWIN BEDS BOLTED TOGETHER. This left an uncomfortable ridge down the centre of the bed. That, and coupled with the box springs that were too small, causing the edge of the bed to sag, prevented any real rest. I managed to sleep a couple of hours purely from fatigue after being up for 30+, and then left the same afternoon as it was clear that sleep would not be an option for the night.

Another note, the shower floor was located approximately 6 inches above the bathroom floor, and which was very dangerous on a wet floor.

In conclusion, avoid this hotel. Pay the extra money and stay at the airport. 3 stars is a massive overstatement for the quality of this hotel. 2 would be very generous.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Rob,

I'm sincerely disappointed to read your review. It's very unusual to hear such comments as our rooms are of a very high standard for the good value we offer as part of a budget chain.

I have had our housekeeping department check all of our king size beds which are made of two singles bolted together, and ensure these are joined correctly.

I would of course like to discuss the matter with you further and perhaps see if there is anything I can do for you in the future, therefore I have left my contact details at the bottom.

DD: 0141 886 8081

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Needing somewhere local to stay whilst visiting friends and relatives, The Campanile Glasgow Airport Fits the Bill perfectly. The price is reasonable and the rooms excelent.
Don't let the "Glasgow Airport" title put you off. Although only 5miles from the Airport, the hotel is quiet and close at hand for the Braehead Shopping Centre, Glasgow City Centre and the surrounding attractions. Being close to the M8 motorway, it has easy access to most attractions in central Scotland.
The Hotel it's self has large comfortable rooms with all the facilities you could need on a trip.
The staff have always been pleasant and efficient, Meals and Bar prices are competitive with most Hotels of a similar standard.
Only once have we had a problem with rowdy guests ( The Northern Ireland Youth Football team),
but that was one Isolated occassion out of the many times we have used this Hotel. Would reccomend this accommodation to anyone wanting a central location in Scotland's central belt.

Room Tip: If you can get one, Ask for a room away from the lifts which are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Lewis S,

Tremendous to hear you that you've enjoyed your visit with us, and it sounds like you've stayed on more than one occasion. I believe it's always a great testimony to my team when we have return guests, and we do have many.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon, and if I can be of assistance on any future trips, please feel free to contact me direct.

0141 886 1347
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Had stayed here previously and had left a review stating some minor attentions to detail about our stay,to which I got a reply from the manager Tom who offered us to get in touch with him should we be in the area and looking for accommodation again. We were going to a concert and I decided to take Tom up on his offer and we stayed in the hotel again. Again the room was spotless and spacious as before. But this time the staff paid more attention to detail and we had a very enjoyable stay. We even ate in the restraurant before heading out and they had alongside the usual menu a curry night on offer which was very reasonably priced and very tasty. This time I can honestly say we had a very pleasant stay and would definitely return. Keep up the good work and thanks Tom.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello Susan,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your return and have passed your comments on to the whole team. I hope it was an entertaining night seeing Status Quo.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

You have my details now, so please feel free to use them anytime!

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The taps in the bathroom weren't fixed on. The bathroom door wouldn't shut. The waiting time for the restaurant was over an hour. There was no help with bags. The staff were keen to do their best but there were very few. Dining room waiter/barman/manager were the same person. The room had too many details not right. Lamps, doors, taps, towels. The staff were trying very hard. The dining room couldn't handle a half full hotel. The hotel is not near the airport. Not a good start to a holiday.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Depuytrens,

Thank you for taking time to write feedback on your stay with us.

I'm disappointed that it was not all it should have been for you. I'm somewhat confused by some of your comments though, as our taps are all fixed in place. I have instructed my housekeeping team to investigate but so far have found nothing.

I should also make you aware that although a strong 3 star hotel with quality rooms and amenities, we operate as part of a budget chain and are able to offer budget prices. With this in mind, we are unable to operate a porter department for baggage and do often work with minimal staff. However, the team where obviously caught off guard and became busy when unexpected which has impacted your visit with us. For this, I extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of all at Campanile Glasgow Airport.

Should you ever be returning to the area, please contact me direct and i'd be happy to do something for you. I have left my details at the bottom.

0141 886 8081
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My Fiance and I stayed here for a night recently before catching a 6 am flight from Glasgow airport. This hotel had everything we needed for a quick nights stay. We inquired at the front desk for recommendation on a place to eat. The staff was very helpful with their suggestions and offered to call a cab for us. (Hint: Make sure to use the mini-cabs they call for you, much lower fare than the black cabs that charge a flat £20 fee to go to the airport area) We were able to log on and use the Wi-fi with no trouble. The shower here is fabulous! Nice bathrooms. The beds were comfortable and I got a very restful nights sleep. The location of this hotel may be a distance from the action of the city, but it is a great location for a traveler looking for a comfortable, quiet hotel near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jjCatt,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Campanile Glasgow Airport.

I'm delighted to hear your stop with us was a comfortable one and I do hope that next time you are in Glasgow you return to us.

If you do, speak with our front desk team and they'll be happy to offer some directions into the city. It's easy to get to from here and it will give you a chance to see some of Glasgow's great City Centre.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had a one-night stay here and can't fault it. The bedroom was big, clean and warm, the bed was lovely and comfortable and the bathroom was spotless with a wonderful shower. I didn't pay the surcharge for a cooked breakfast but was given an ample selection of cold buffet and toast etc. The reception staff happily helped when i needed a couple of cabs which was all I asked of them.

The only drawback came when my taxi back from the city at night couldn't find the hotel and needed me to navigate via Google Maps on my mobile phone as it's not quite at the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
glasgowairport, General Manager at Campanile Glasgow Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Paul,

Thank you kind comments regarding your stay with us at Campanile Glasgow Airport. I'm very pleased we were able to offer what you needed for your stopover in Glasgow.

We hope to see you back with us again soon and please do contact us direct as we'll be happy to handle your booking personally whilst offering the best available rates.

glasgowairporrt@campanile.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
Anderston
Campanile Glasgow
Campanile Glasgow
#60 of 93 in Glasgow

Been to Campanile Glasgow Airport? Share your experiences!