“Good hotel in the city centre”

Novotel Glasgow Centre
Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night during our highland tour. The room was large and clean and had everything you would expect from Novotel. The staff was very helpful and gave us advice when we asked about directions. On the downside the telephone in our room was not working. Although they ensured us that they would fix it by the morning it was still not fixed by the next morning. However, they let us use the phone in the reception. Otherwise I will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hotel is typical Novotel. The room was well maintained with best point being the comfort of the bed. The hotel was quiet and clean. A good option in Glasgow, just don't pay over the odds for a room

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank UkSil
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had booked this hotel as a treat for my mother, sister and and her mum, we had tickets to go and see a show at the kings theatre and thought we would make a day of it. At check-in we were greeted with friendly staff, reception area was clean and airy, upgraded to two executive rooms and paid for these at check in. Had our lunch and a glass of wine in the hotel (which was part of a groupon deal ) food was piping hot. Our rooms were clean and modern, a little on the small side for an executive room but everything was there that we needed and we didn't spend any time in the room anyway. We went to the shops and returned to the hotel to get changed because we had booked a pre theatre meal at a restaurant for five o'clock. While we were at the show my mother collapsed and was very ill, we decided the best thing to do was to return to the hotel, checkout that night and get her to a hospital in our area she was admitted to hospital, it was really stressful. I explained the circumstances to the receptionist and she could see that we were very alarmed and she then asked me for £8 for the parking, bearing in mind we had paid for an upgrade for both rooms, we hadn't slept in the rooms and we didn't have our breakfast and we hadn't used the facilities. I wrote a letter to the manager on my return to ask for some sort of compensation and haven't even been given the courtesy of a reply. On the other hand the Kings Theatre have been on the phone to ask how my mother is and have given us complimentary tickets to the panto for whatever date we want. This is the reason I have only given an average marking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I'm just back from a weekends stay in this hotel. It was the first time I stayed and I have to say it was a very good experience.

Hotel is lovely and bright, rooms are a great size and had a very comfortable bed and sofa bed. Rooms are also well heated and not too warm. Very quiet also at night.

There is a charge for wifi but if you don't want to pay for it you can use one of the 2 computers in the reception area.

The staff are very pleasant and will help with any matter

The only downside which doesn't really bother me but some people may not be impressed was my room was not cleaned on Sunday, no refill of tea or coffee, fresh towels ect. I was in and out of the room, but no one ever came and it was missed, then on Monday morning someone cams to the door before 9am and woke me. Reception were very quick to send me up tea and coffee though which was needed and I still had fresh towels

I will be back to this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Took us to this hotel for a reasonable price,the roomwas great,the staff were proffesional, the breakfast buffet style was first class but the evening meal although presented well ,every course was cold and when asked to heat up came back unedible so if i stayed again i think bed and breakfast would be the choice.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ggerrd688
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We found the Novotel to be in a great area. We arrived around 8AM after an overnight flight and was given an early checkin with 2 hrs. We could walk everywhere from this location. The staff was extremely helpful in giving directions for transporation, shopping, etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdownhow
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for writing a review based on your recent stay with us at Novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found everything within easy reach of the hotel.
We do hope to welcome you back at some point in the near future.
Kindest Regards,
Craig Munro

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a modern building with basic functional minimalist decor - not a style that gives a warm welcoming feeling however it was very clean and close to Sacheihall Street. The dinner was very good however at breakfast one felt rushed. They were anxious to clear tables and if you got up to get a tea or coffee they would clear away you partly eaten meal.
It was good to have two free computers in the lobby.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerNGC, General Manager at Novotel Glasgow Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your review based on your recent stay at novotel Glasgow Centre.
I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay but have noted your comments regarding feeling 'rushed' at breakfast for which we, as a team will take constructivley in order to improve our service.

I once again thank you for your feedback & do hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.

Kindest Regards,