“Lovely bar”

Ranked #118 of 2,559 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: French, Italian, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Boudoir is an award winning French & Italian Wine & Cocktail Bar set within the heart of Glasgow's fashionable & historic Merchant City!
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited Boudoir in the Merchant city on Saturday with my wife and a had a really lovely time. From the moment we were greeted by a lovely waitress ( I think she might have been Australian) we felt comfortable and relaxed. The bar's decor is very tasteful and the clientelle is mainly mature. Our waitress was very attentive and ran the busy bar effortlessly. Drink prices are fine and maybe even slightly cheaper than some other Merchant city bars nearby. Great background music and overall a lovely relaxing couple of hours. Will go back next time we are near the Merchant city.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

It's a real shame when one person lets a team down. Every time I go to Boudoir I am consistently met with poor service from at least one member of staff which is ashame because it's a nice bar.

Deciding to give Boudoir another chance, on a recent visit we were pleasantly surprised by the warm and friendly welcome by an attentive young waitress who took our order. That welcome was quickly dampened - enter waitress no. 2 who brought our drinks over. Arrogantly, she threw the table knapkins down, set the drinks on our table and wasn't able to muster a smile. However, she was very good at checking herself and her blonde locks in the bar mirror on several occasions and seemed more interested in herself than customers.

Unfortunately, the Prosecco was flat and on returning this to the bar to request a replacement, I received a sigh and an attempt to tell me it was not flat - "we serve 10 glasses of Prosecco a day and there's probably just been water in the bottle". Not sure what that's supposed to mean but it's not the response or attitude I was expecting. I also did not appreciate being out in a position of debate by an immature and surly young girl. Annoyed, I repeated that my drink was flat and awaited a replacement which was served with a bit of a grudge. I overheard a couple of other customers discussing the same issue with their drink.

There is no doubt that Boudoir is a nice bar with some nice touches. Saying that, there are too many tables and the wine barrels don't work well as they're not designed to comfortably sit at.

There are plenty more bars in Glasgow to choose from for better service with professional, pleasant and genuine staff. I'm afraid Boudoir just isn't cutting it for me.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Busy bar with a great atmosphere and extensive wine list. The booths are the best place to sit under an Arabian nights style tent. Great place to go with friends. If you can get in early then fantastic. Not much room if you have to stand. Cocktails are good value for the city centre. Drinks served at your table.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Visited Boudoir on Saturday evening after our meal. This is a small establishment but we were lucky to get seated in the small 'nook' inside the entrance to Merchant Square, it was like sitting at home. The servers are a lovely bunch of people, very friendly and knowledgeable. The cocktail list is extensive with some delicious different ones to choose from. We even got 2 freebies which our waitress brought to us at they had been made in error - a lovely touch and much appreciated. Would recommend a visit here. Thanks to all for a lovely evening.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Me and my boyfriend went in for afternoon drinks over Easter weekend and it was fantastic relaxing in the sun with a beautiful drink, surrounded by happy, friendly staff. We will definitely be back on our next visit to Glasgow!!!