Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel
Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
East Linton, United Kingdom
“Comfortable”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Left in peace to get on with things but when help was needed staff couldn't do enough to help resolve any problems. I had.
Just as the advert says the bed is comfortable the room is large and everything was clean and tidy I would stay again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This Premier Inn is one of the tireder old-style, my room was a bit dark with a small window overlooking the hotel rear. On the plus side, the breakfast was as good as ever, the dining room clean, and the staff attentive at clearing away used dishes. Also, the bed was super comfy - very firm and I slept extremely well each of the four nights that I stayed. Reception staff were helpful. One bugbear is that WiFi costs when so many other hotels now offer this free. Oh, and the overall cost was on the high side as this and other Glasgow hotels were still milking the dregs of the Commonwealth Games.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very please with all at premier inn staff and food and room very nice and very clean I would like to have had wifi in my room and it should be free now. The bar staff where just lovely but I thought £1.80 was a bit high for a dish on coke/lemonade I think someone got that wrong

Room Tip: Our room was to the back was very please with that so it would be quiet but not next room young boys...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Arrived too late for the restaurant, but receptionist made take away menus available - good range of food available.
Very friendly staff in all areas - couldn't have been better.
Beds more comfortable than at home!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights just after the Commonwealth Games, arrived at the hotel without a booking which was not a problem at all. Great rooms, price and location. Staff couldn't have been nicer :) I would definitely stay here again when I come back to Scotland.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Hilary P
Staffin, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I always use Premier Inn. I have a Premier Inn business account. In the last couple of years I have stayed at quite a number of their hotels and have always written good reviews as I have been more than happy with my stay. I would recommend them to anyone - that is, with the exception of this one!
Firstly, when I arrived at the hotel the large Premier Inn sign on the front of the building was broken and not lit. I passed the hotel twice before I noticed it. OK not a huge problem for a multi-chain organisation but something you thought might possibly be fixed as it does make a huge difference to people looking for you. Anyway, I arrived and picked up my key and my three days worth of WiFi authorisation numbers. I was on the 6th floor. After unpacking, I lay on the bed and tried to log in to the WiFi - no signal! Too exhausted after my 6 and a half hour journey, I just turned in for the night as I had a long day ahead of me. I got back to the hotel on the Saturday night and still no WiFi - fortunately I was able to get 3G on my phone which sufficed. Another long day and tired I turned in for the night. At 1am I got wakened by the room next door having what seemed like a party - no music but lots of voices in high spirits. I thought it would stop soon so didn't really worry too much but by 2.30 the noise was still keeping me awake, along with the constant banging of doors. I called reception and they sent someone up who had a word with the occupants of the room. The noise stopped for about 20 minutes and then started up again with more banging of doors. It was 4.30am before I eventually got to sleep.
Next morning, at 9.30, I went downstairs and explained to the receptionist what had happened and that I couldn't put up with that for another night and could I be moved to another floor. I was told that the hotel was fully booked, there were no other rooms and no-one was checking out or in so there was nothing could be done. I was told, perhaps I could bring my bags down and leave them at reception and if anything did turn up then they would move me. I went back at 1.30pm - thinking that it was half an hour before check in if anyone had cancelled. I was told the same thing by the same receptionist but she promised (her actual word) that I would be moved and probably to the 4th floor if that was ok. I should leave my luggage in my original room and when I came back, if it wasn't there then I'd know I had been moved. On my way out of the hotel at 3pm I stepped out the lift and a group of people who had obviously just checked in were standing waiting on the lift. I thought the receptionist had said 'no-one was checking out or in today'? Anyway, I left the hotel and on my return later in the evening I went to my original room and my luggage was still there! Not wanting to have another sleepless night I left the hotel, found a chemist and bought some Nytol in order to get a night's sleep!
On the Monday morning I went to check out and it was a different receptionist on duty. I explained to her about the problem I had and she obviously had no note of it - so if I hadn't mentioned it where is the Premier Inn Good Night's Sleep policy???? After explaining, the receptionist straight away said that she couldn't understand why I hadn't been moved and offered to refund one of the nights. I also explained about the WiFi and she said that there was a problem with certain areas of the hotel not being able to receive the signal and she refunded that as well.
Here's the dilemma: Why wasn't my problem dealt with on the morning after the incident? Why was I fobbed off with the excuse that there was no way I was able to be moved? Was it too much trouble? Why wasn't there a note made that I was due a refund for the Saturday night? Why was I refunded for the Sunday night and not the Saturday night? (Well, I know the answer to that one - it was cheaper!!) And, why was I happily sold WiFi for a room in an area where the hotel must have known they had no signal?
All-in-all the most unhappy Premier Inn experience I have encountered on my travels and one I certainly will never be revisiting!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Nick W
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

stayed here recently for the weekend, had no problems, it was clean, tidy, comfy bed ,friendly staff at reception ,restaurant and the bar handy for station ,pubs, shops, restaurants, would stay again and recommend to any

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple