My wife and I stayed here at the beginning and end of a steam train tour of the Western Highlands. Both nights were fine - standard quality Premier Inn - with no noise disturbance, even with the window open. The tour members (about 60 of us) arrived pretty much at the same time on both evenings but were handed our room keys very quickly indeed. The lifts, though, struggled to cope with the large number of people who needed to use them and sometimes flashed a 'overload' warning when not completely full. However, this wasn't a really major problem and was certainly offset by the impressive way that the hotel coped with all the people arriving for breakfast - having opened the buffet breakfast counter at 6.45, one and a quarter hours before the usual Sunday opening time. Full marks! Yes, it did take a few minutes to get to the head of the queue for eggs, bacon etc, but the staff re-filled all the dishes, drink dispensers etc promptly. And Premier Inn should be congratulated for proving fried eggs as well as the usual rather slushy scrambled egg that some hotels still only serve.
We didn't eat in the hotel on either evening and instead went the relatively short distance to the busy restaurant area to the south of George Square (where there is another Premier Inn in which we stayed a few years back).
BTW, a tip for the reviewer who complained about the shortage of towels: yes, there are only a big and small one in the bathroom but I'm surprised that there wasn't also another large one on a shelf in the room - near the two extea pillows which we found both nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This city centre Premier Inn is very close to Glasgow Central Station, popular shopping areas, restaurants and bars. M8 motorway and public transport links are close by. This site does not have onsite car parking but has a deal on with the local QPark - guests can receive a voucher from reception which will discount the cost of 24hrs to £7. Premier Inn Glasgow Argyle Street is ideal for all travellers and is convenient for exploring Glasgow. It has a fresh, modern feel, restaurant and bar and a Costa coffee shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle St) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Argyle St
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel Scotland