“perfectly adequate..”

Ranked #51 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Bristol, United Kingdom
“perfectly adequate..”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here midway through October with a group of mates. Check in staff were friendly throughout. Rooms were of the standard Premier Inn size and had everything that you would expect to find.

Bed was fairly comfortable and had a decent nights sleep. there was some noise from the streets even though we were six floors up, so I can imagine if you were on a lower level that might grow tiresome.

We were up in decent time for the breakfast, which was actually very nice and exactly what we needed.

Overall its a solid hotel, doesnt exceed expectations but completely fulfills what you would hope to find staying in a Premier Inn. I wouldnt go out of my way to stay here, but if I was ever in the area I would have no problem with spending a night there again.

Room Tip: Would suggest staying on a higher level to lessen the unavoidable city centre noise coming from belo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Lifts spoiled the stay asked to be away from them told would not hear them big let down other wise ok good service. Breakfast rubbish better long rd at wetherspoon at least it's bacon is not like beef jerky ANC you can chew it

• Stayed October 2012
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Argyle Street) Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review. Naina Social Media Team, Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good location for the SECC. Pleasant staff. Clean rooms, all the basics that you would expect. Bar/restaurant/breakfast perfectly acceptable. Nothing spectacular, but for a base to explore the city a comfortable & clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently stayed in this premier inn and was trying to upgrade my room to enable my girlfriend to stay with me overnight however the staff member i asked was no help what so ever and quite frankly very very rude. He was not willing to help what so ever and so i became frustrated, which led to myself and the member of staff having an argument. i asked for a refund as i had not used the room i paid for and wanted to find somewhere else where me and my girlfriend could stay. He was not willing to do so and became quite abusive towards me and told me to leave the hotels premises. I did as asked and when i found myself out the front of the hotel i was started on by the member of staff as if to "square go" me and provoke a fight. We argued more and more and he threatened to call the police. I Had not done anything wrong or behaved in a manner that would of upset anyone. And had just been thrown out onto the streets of Glasgow with nowhere to go for the night. This was a terrible experience and a bitter disapointment to my visit to Glasgow. Would never even think of staying in any premier inn again after this fiasco. Shocking.

Room Tip: Choose a Different Hotel altogether.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angus N
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that I will be investigating into this hotel and the team member service you experienced with the hotel management team.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed at a few Premier Inns and they are all pretty much the same. This one is let down a bit by its location, in that it is on a noisy street - but close to the city centre. I was put in a room next to the lifts, which once awake - I heard every time it they were used. This may be because I live on a very quiet street, but I didn't get a good nights sleep (this may have had something to do with the alcohol that I had earlier). Breakfast was rather nice, we chose the 'all you can eat' version - which menas I could have the fruit as well as eggs, bacon etc. The coffee was very nice as I think it was from the Costa next door, so we had two cups... Tea and coffee available in the rooms however no biscuits...

Room Tip: Not near the lifts...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. It was excellent staff are really good helpfull
and smile. It is central so it is possible to walk to shops or get somewhere to eat. This site wants me to say more but why ? It was a good place and I would go there again

Room Tip: ask for one not overlooking the road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aberdeen
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very close to city centre but not in best of streets, saying that there are several 4 star hotels along the road.
Friendly face on arrival, quick check in and clean room. Not sure about bar or restaurant but costa coffee is great.
Good nights sleep but you always expect this with Premier Inn hotels.

Room Tip: Sixth floor good for getting away from traffic noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple