“Classy in parts - and what a view !”

Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

So......never been to Glasgow before so I can't tell you a whole lot about the city.

However, the Marriott Hotel definitely has the style to recommend it. Huge entrance hall / Reception and nicely designed bar and separate restaurant. Only down-side for me and my fellow-travellers was that the lighting in the restaurant is very bright and almost cafe-like. Surprising.

Bedrooms are excellent (though I had no trouser-press - surely a no-brainer in this day and age?). The view from the bedroom window (12th floor) is nothing short of awesome.

We ate in the bar and the food was fine, though my colleagues said their club sandwiches contained (amongst other things) pressed turkey. Rather takes the edge off the idea of a club sandwich, methinks. Chips were nice though.

All in all, the hotel look beautiful and the staff are eminently professional. Well done.
The little details are those that sell it short, though. And they are all very fixable, I'd suggest.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor for fab views !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having just returned from my stay in this hotel, and having stayed in the Mercure and Hilton, I would honestly say this hotel rates above the other 2.
Lovely decor, nice rooms and the staff could not have been nicer.
Do yourself a favour if staying in Glasgow and just book in.....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J C
Reviewed March 21, 2014

A typical Marriott, nice room with tea making and a soft comfortable bed and a well functioning bathroom. My room was on the top (12th) floor and suffered from a low level thrumming sound/feeling, possibly emanating from the ice machine, though that was 4 rooms away, by the lifts. Otherwise it was quiet, despite the hotel being situated opposite a motorway bridge over the Clyde. An easy walk to the Conference centre and it is only a minute from a station on the local railway. Very helpful staff and fully equipped, though I didn't use the restaurant or leisure facilities.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room away from the motorway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Lynne F, Front Office Manager at Glasgow Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I have asked our maintenance team to investigate the humming noise you described whilst staying on the 12th floor.

Thank you for you positive feedback in relation to the hotel, our helpful staff and the convenient walk to the conference centre.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a pleasant relaxed weekend here only venturing out to eat. Being in Glasgow to keep my daughter company I did not feel the need to do anything other than have a long lie on Saturday morning and then use the pool and gym. Take your towel, must the longest walk from the changing room to the pool. The pool was a bit dated but warm and the gym was very well equipped.
Overall all the staff were pleasant and helpful, going out of their way to be of assistance. Hotel was very clean and toiletries worth taking home.
We were able to walk into town, as we are happy to walk, enjoyed a visit to Princes Square and then the Merchant City.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter when we attended a concert at The Hydro. It is a lovely hotel & so convenient if you're either driving or travelling by train. It's only a 10 minute walk from the train station & shops in one direction & 10 minutes the other way to either the SECC or the Hydro.
I have stayed in many different types/chains of hotels & this was by far the best breakfast I have ever had in any.
We also enjoyed the swimming pool & spa facilities.
We stayed in a twin room which overlooked the Kingston Bridge but did not hear any traffic noise. The room had 2 double beds in it & was huge. I only wish I could have taken the bed home with me as it was so comfy.
Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and couldn't fault it at all. It's was very quiet, comfy and clean. We paid the extra to stay in a deluxe king which gave us a bit more space. The walk into town is very easy (refreshingly flat for Glasgow!) and it's fine and close to the main road in and out of Glasgow meaning it's great for travelling. When we woke up in the morning they had posted a bill under the door which allowed us to check out without queuing by posting the bill and our key cards into a little box in the lobby. All in all a fab hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

As a Gold VIP Marriott rewards member, I have been to many Marriott's. This Marriott is one of the worst I've been to. I complained via Twitter and Marriott customer service requested I provide details. They forwarded my comments to the manager of the hotel who has not responded since I sent the comments over a week ago. Here are my comments:

As per my twitter to Marriott a few days ago, Janice of Marriott asked me to provide details related to my stay at Marriott Hotel in Glasgow.  Please find the details below.

Our room was not cleaned for 2 days in a row.  The first night our room was not cleaned, housekeeping made the beds and gave us clean towels, but  we had to clean the bathroom floor as garbage was still on the floor from the day before.  We said nothing to the front desk as we figured it would be a single occurrence.   However, to our disappointment, the next day after being out for most of the day and arriving back late that night, our room was not cleaned whatsoever. The beds were made but that was all. The garbage from the night before including an empty pizza box and a used coffee mug was still on the desk. Our bathroom was not cleaned and there were dirty towels still on the floor and the sink was dirty. Again we had to clean the bathroom. We went to the front desk and reported the issue.  The front desk apologized and said someone would come clean the room. However, we had to leave at 5am the next morning and it was already 11pm.  We requested clean towels only.

The most disappointing part of our stay was when I asked for a quote to the Prestwick airport.  I was advised my the front desk that the cost with a regular cab would be around 55 pounds.  However, the young lady called a private cab who quoted me 35 pounds.  I told her to book the cab for 5:45am.

We went downstairs at 5:40am to catch our cab but no cab was there for us.  At 5:50am, I ask the gentleman at the front desk whether a cab was ordered for us.  He looked in his book and saw a slip of paper showing our information.  He called the private cab and within 5 minutes, the cab driver had arrived.  The driver walked up to the gentleman behind the front desk and handed him some cash.

The cab driver drove us to the airport and stated the charge would be 55 pounds.  I advised him I was quoted 35 pounds and asked him whether his cab was pre-booked to pick us up at 5:45am.  He stated no it was not and that he only received the call at 5:45am.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed in the circumstances leading to these events.  It would certainly appear as though the front desk staff has an agreement with this particular private cab to be commissioned to receive a portion of the monies paid for services by guests of the Glasgow Marriott.

There is no question what I saw related to monies exchanged between the front desk staff member and the cab driver.  Any other explanations will accuse me of being a liar.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends