ABode Glasgow
$111
$92
$76
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$100
$83
$102
$84
$50
$61
$50
Apex City of Glasgow Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$80
$74
$65
$46
$169
$165
1,206 results
All reviewsold fashioned liftart housecage liftenviable roombath streetoriginal featureslovely hotelcentral locationjunior suitecomfortable bedcar parkbreakfast was excellentfull scottish breakfaststreet noisestayed here for two nightssauchiehall streetthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This Hotel is not fullfilling its potential. It is a great building and a great location but has not atmosphere. The staff are very helpful and very hard-working but the bar and resturant were empty in the evening.
The room we had was very small and despite having the windows open all the time it was very hot indeed - too hot to sleep in fact.
The lift, although majestic, is a complete nuisance as people don't close the gate and it is often stranded a few floors up.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The main plus to this hotel is that it is in the heart of Glasgow and parking is a two minute walk away.
The photos on the net make the hotel look a 5 star but i'm afraid is only average and not value for money. The room my partner and I had was very small and only fit for purpose. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was good but I'd go back purely for it's central location.
I've stayed in other hotels in Glasgow and i'm afraid this was over priced!!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently had an overnight stay at baby ABode on a special deal which included reduced room rate on an 'enviable' room and prosecco and chocolate covered strawberries on arrival. Very impressed with the reception staff, didn't manage to note their names but both the lady and gentleman on reception(on the 8th of April) were very friendly and relaxed and made us feel very welcome.

Our 'enviable' room was impressive. We expected noise as the hotel is on a busy street in the city centre, however, room 105 was very very quiet during the day/night. The room was so big that it didn't feel like just a bedroom at all as there was a little lounge area with chairs and a big lcd television. Decor wise, I haven't ever seen anything comparable to it. It is quaint and extremely cosy. Our room had beautiful heavy curtains with painted bumble bees and the bed had a backboard which had an artists impression of the hotel. I loved this so much I could have taken it home, the whole room was really to my taste as it has a boutique feel about it, but I can understand why others may not agree as it is so unusual(in a really good way!). The bathroom was very basic but we weren't fussed at all about this as the lovely toilietries and bath robes made up for it!

Breakfast was really efficient and we couldn't fault anything! There was a big choice of cereals, pastries, yogurt and fruit juices alongside the hot menu. I had the scrambled egg and smoked salmon, and my partner had the full breakfast, both were good. Both breakfast staff were friendly and approachable.

The only fault i can find with the hotel was the noise in the morning around 7am from what I believe could be the kitchen at the bottom of our corridor. We woke up briefly, but apart from this we had a great time at this hotel. I'm in the hospitality industry and have yet to come across staff as friendly as the Baby ABode has, they really make the stay enjoyable and should be proud of their little hotel!

Room Tip: Room 105 is extremely quiet(enviable room) It has no view but makes up for it with a beautiful room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Claire P, General Manager at ABode Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the hotel.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcomg you back again in the future.
Kind regards
Claire Pollock

Reviewed April 13, 2013

And I'm sure the owners won't be offended by the comment. Glasgow is steeped in great architecture and this hotel doesn't disappoint. There is a old-world lift running through the centre of the building which acts a focal-point whilst negotiating the stairs (if its broken down) or, riding it, focuses your memory or imagination on a more opulent era.

Our room was quite a surprise. We'd selected the desirable room and were delighted to find lofty ceilings and stained glass. There was no view, unfortunately, perhaps the semi-opaque old glass protected the eye from litter bins and the like. We experienced no real noise to ponder on such things and were happy to spread out and enjoy the space.

This hotel is very central and so, dear visitor, you are perfectly well placed to pop out for breakfast or supper or whatever you might need. Just around the corner, off Bath Street, is the Sarti restaurant which became the central plank of our comestible interests.

Staff were not imposing but accommodating and informative. Just the right mix, methinks. I'll certainly stay here again...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to say that I travel alot and have been to Glasgow on many occasions, so stay in diff.
hotels frequently.This was probably one of my favorite stays in Glasgow!
The staff, especially night staff was so amazing and accommodating! The room was charming
and I totally loved the old elevator..It is in such a good central location to get about Glasgow!
The staff was really AWESOME!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Thank heather.r.pdx

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards