“Excellent stay!!”

Carlton George Hotel
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel on the Christmas shopper package. Before arriving we had made a few changes to times etc and found the staff to be excellent and nothing seemed too much trouble. On arriving we thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon tea. The rooms were a great size with lovely amenities.We ate in the restaurant and really enjoyed the meal. The staff in the hotel were excellent and added to our thoroughly enjoyable stay. We took advantage of the exec lounge and had a great relaxing stay. We really look forward to returning and can't speak high enough of the hotel and staff.

Thanks Again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

deesimba,

The shopper package was really popular this Christmas, glad you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Carlton George Hotel

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Really don't want to share this. We have been staying here several years. Love it so welcoming very comfortable and fantastic homely service. Seems like a very friendly hotel almost like one big one family they really see to keep their staff. Rooms very comfy. Love the the wee welcoming drink in your room . Would so recommend it. But this time I would say don't stay on the lower Floors due to the street noise. Otherwise best hotel in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Request a room higher up.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie C
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Maggie,

Thank you for the kind words, I am very fortunate with the fabulous team we have here, many of them have been here for a long time.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the club balcony this was briiliant. I have stayed here a few times over the years but never booked the balcony so I was pleased with that. Staff were efficient as always. It was a special birthday for my friend and it was perfect. However, I have noticed that there seems to be cutbacks in certain areas - The breakfast for us was a little too lukewarm for me. I did ask for a fried egg and got it very prompt and it was hot. It is mostly self serve and thought the temperature of the food could have been better. This would not prevent me from going there again. It is an observation not a criticism. The executive lounge was very busy so we did not benefit from that. We did get a discount from waxys on our first drink which is very kind. Hector was very helpful and friendly there is a nice ambience within the hotel. I will definitely go back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Hockk,

The balcony rooms are fantastic. Thank you for the comments regarding breakfast, I will take all necessary action to ensure this is not an issue in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I visit Glasgow fairly often for work, and have tried and tested a few hotels in the city. The Carlton George is the first place that I have been completely happy with - I would struggle to find fault with anything about my stay.

The free minibar and Executive Lounge (not available with all rooms - so it's worth checking if you'd like it) are real bonuses, but there are lots of other little touches which make this one of the easiest, most enjoyable work-trips I've had. Things like breakfast being delivered to your room and reasonably priced room service - both without tray service fee - and the 12pm check-out time make all the difference. Free wifi, which was really reliable was also a boon. When you're travelling for business, it really is small things making life easier that make the real difference.

Location is great - right in the city centre; rooms are spacious and clean with lots of nice little details; the bed was ridiculously comfortable...

I would recommend the Carlton George to anyone.

Room Tip: Definitely book an Executive Room or above for all of the perks!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I was delighted to read that our hotel is the first one in Glasgow that you are 100% happy with. It is always a boost to read such positive comments.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Well if you are visiting Glasgow.... I would highly recommend that you stay here!

Close to two of the main Glasgow Train Stations and the shops. Great welcome... FREE MIni Bar!!!! Yes FREE!!! Containing 1 small bottle of red and white wine, beers, soft drinks and crystal Glass Decanters containing...Gin, Vodka and of course Whisky! i did not touch a single drop of the hard stuff! (My only concern is that the drinks in the decanters could be sabotaged by previous guests?n... When I mentioned this to Reception they to,d me that the drink is changed daily, even if it has not been used??!! Hiw cost effective is that???). Anyway the drinks are yours to enjoy in beautiful crystal cut glasses! Bedrooms were lovely as described on their website for a standard room. Nice open fire to greet you as you walked in and lovely Christmas music was playing it was indeed a VERY WARM WELCOME-thank you. Breakfast was served either in your bedroom and room service is FREE (as indeed it used to be and should be - I no longer order because of this!!) or in the city's only rooftop restaurant. Whilst I wasn't keen on the cooked breakfast which was self-service (sausages were cheap and the bacon looked dried and burnt and this was at 7.30 am) toaster kept burning the toast too! That said a gentleman next to me ordered from the menu (at no extra cost) which afterwards I saw that you could have things like smoked Mackeral, eggs Benedict with the most beautifully cooked poached eggs! I would and already have recommended this hotel to others and I am using this opportunity to recommend to others so they don't miss out!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear austinfamily,

Thank you for the review and thank you also for recommending us to your friends. I'm sure hwne they come they will have just as positive an experience.

Kind Regards

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We have stayed many times at the Carlton George and we are NEVER disappointed. Our daughter and her partner flew in from Australia on Saturday, the four of us were booked in for two nights. Her brother and one of her friends wanted to meet them, so they arrived at the hotel before us and it was not a problem for them to wait for us. We had afternoon tea booked for the four of us at 2pm on the Sunday. We arrived at the windows restaurant with two more friends, again not a problem to the staff as they had now to change our table etc from four to six. The breakfasts were very very good, my husband loves fish and had a fish breakfast on Monday. All in all the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many. Big thanks to the staff our stay was brill!

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is lovely, obviously having one of the rooms with access to the lounge is a b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy120132013

Dear Joy,

Glad to read that the Carlton George is the best hotel you have stayed in- I think it is great too!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The hotel could not be more central being only a few yards away from George Square. What a superb location.
Got the impression that the hotel was well managed and organised. Bedroom, located at the rear of the hotel was fantastically quiet for a City centre establishment.Room was clean and well appointed. Staff were all very pleasant and professional. Executive lounge was much appreciated, nicely decorated and comfortable.
Quality of food at dinner and breakfast was not the best but in line with the price, so again good value for money and we will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

I hope to welcome you back to the Carlton George in the future.