2,116 results
All reviews free mini bar the executive lounge windows restaurant rooftop restaurant gin and vodka tartan slippers waxy o'connors club room complimentary drinks crystal decanters george square queen street station top floor crisps train station the air conditioning superior room
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great hotel in a great location. I've stayed here a couple of times on business and have never been disappointed. On this occasion it was with my wife and friends and everyone enjoyed their stay. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated, beds comfy, staff nice and the free mini bar is a nice touch. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

D E,

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 15, 2013

we were going to an event in Glasgow so decided to treat ourselves to a night in a hotel as a treat. We had booked an executive room which came with complimentary bar and access to the executive lounge.
When we got to the hotel we realised we had not brought cufflinks and we phoned reception to see if they could help. Within 15 minutes they had come to the room with a pair of cufflinks to lend us for the evening, which we returned to reception in the morning. Staff were very helpful.
The only minor thing was that in the morning the breakfast was a wee bit cold but otherwise it was a great stay

Room Tip: If you can book the executive as there is a complimentary bar and access to the executive lounge
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen M

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm delighted my team managed to find you some cufflinks.

Regards

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times and never been disappointed. We were having dinner in Windows, the restaurant on the top of the hotel with a terrific view of Glasgow and stayed over rather than travel home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments- much appreciated.

Regards

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Came to the Carlton George hotel by chance with our friends after booking out of the millennium hotel after one night out of our three night stay in Glasgow ,yes it was that bad we had to get out of the Millennium .my wife Walked in to ask if they had 2 rooms luckily we got in ,What a hotel right in the heart of the main city shopping area very friendly staff spotless hotel great modem rooms with free mini bar stocked each day , great place to stay ,our friends have already rebooked two rooms for next week

Room Tip: Small hotel but 10 out of 10 from us four that stayed at the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Graham P
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to help you at short notice.

I've got a great team here at the Carlton George, and they're always happy to help. A lot of our guests enjoy our location right next to Buchanan Street as they can 'shop and drop'! I'm glad you liked our rooms and the complimentary Minibar and decanted spirits.

We look forward to welcoming your friends back this weekend, and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was really pleased that i chose this hotel for my stay in Glasgow. Particularly well located, right next to Queen St station, part of a Dutch group that really knows what the traveller wants. Every room is equipped with a free minibar of mixers, wine and beer with a glass cabinet containing cut glasses in every shape and three decanters with complimentary Whisky, Gin and Vodka. There is free wifi and free local phone calls. No matter who is on duty at reception, I have had courteous and willing assitance with whatever I've asked for. Breakfast is served in the restuarant on the top floor which has large windows with a view over the rooftops. Dinner is also served here but i wasn't encouraged to try it as the breakfasts were average to poor, although perfectly adequate. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: anyside of the hotel i think is good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hi Trish,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel, I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We're part of the Carlton Hotel Collection who have 10 hotels across Holland, Brussels and the UK, and we put our guests at the heart of all we do.

We try to make our guests' stay as relaxed as possible, and include the complimentary drinks in your room and free WiFi and local calls so you're not worrying about a big bill for extras when you check out!

My team are always happy to help, and genuinely enjoy looking after our guests.

I'm sorry that you felt that there was room for improvement at breakfast - we're always looking to improve our offering as a hotel so thank you for your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to the Carlton George again soon.

Kind regards,