2,094 results
All reviewsfree mini barthe executive loungewindows restaurantrooftop restaurantgin and vodkatartan slipperswaxy o'connorsclub roomcomplimentary drinkscrystal decantersgeorge squarequeen street stationtop floorcrispstrain stationthe air conditioningsuperior room
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed on the Saturday night and took the shopper package. We had a lovely afternoon shopping as hotel is smack bang in the middle of city centre. Then we had afternoon tea and champagne in the hotel and a fabulous dinner on the Saturday night. The staff were great and the breakfast was fab. We will be returning.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you don't leave it too long before you return.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, clean and friendly. Breakfast amazing but restraunt in the evening not as good, expensive for what I had and was not allowed to take drinks from exec lounge. Exec lounge well worth the cost, spirits included (gin, vodka, whisky and brandy) as well as wine beer coffee and soft drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry you thought dinner expensive, I feel that prices are competitive and we offer good value for money. We do not allow guests to take the complimentary drinks from the lounge in to the restaurant, we are not offering an all inclusive product.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have stayed at the Carlton George many times over the past 10ish years and for very good reasons. The Hotel is central to the city, and is so comfortable, clean and welcoming that there really isn't any good reason to stay elsewhere.

The staff are excellent, the Executive lounge quiet, cosy and relaxing. Breakfast in Glasgow's only rooftop restaurant is good as well - and gives you a better idea of what the weather is like before venturing out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. I do hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent Hotel in all ways. More boutique than small or large. Plenty of room with everything you need. Proper hairdryer for a start. Tea & Coffee facilities. Whiskey and other spirits if inclined. Very helpful & friendly staff & a midday checkout. Right next to Queen St, Railway station. Right in the centre of all designer shops good restaurants etc. Art Galleries, Royal Concert Hall so would be back there in a flash if visiting the vibrant city of Glasgow

Room Tip: I was very happy in Room 408. I didn't hear any noise what so ever.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the review. I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by a central booking system - if only to prove that they work now and again! What a find. Had an exec room so enjoyed a free drink or two in the private Exec lounge, after walking around Glasgow centre and visiting my favourite restaurant (La Lanterna). I liked the iPod speaker system in the room, the clashing carpet, curtains, and chair (Wow!), and the tartan tiles in the bathroom, but then I don't have to live there! Breakfast was very good and my table on the 7th floor looking out across the rooftops was a lingering affair in contrast to other hotels. Of special note was the quality coffee and the black pudding but.....no Haggis? Ouch. Last comment - efficient staff, cosy reception and a very comfortable bed (unusual). Well done the Carlton George.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
DuncanJohnston, General Manager at Carlton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Cotswolds Spotter,

Thnak you for the review. I'm glad you liked the decor in the bedroom- we really didn't want to feel like a typical corporaote hotel! I will make sure we have some haggis for you next visit.