Carlton George Hotel
$93
$167
$141
  • Pool
The Belhaven Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$62
Kelvingrove Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$53
$49
Agoda.com
Apex City of Glasgow Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$80
$74
$78
PremierInn.com
1,960 results
All reviewsfree mini barthe executive loungewindows restaurantrooftop restaurantgin and vodkawaxy o'connorstartan slippersclub roomcomplimentary drinkscrystal glassesgeorge squarequeen street stationtop floorthe air conditioningtrain stationsuperior roomcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It's right in the middle of the city. The airport shuttle service drops you right in front of it. We arrived at 9am and the reception staff had no problem to let us check-in early into our room, which is fantastic because we needed some shut-eye.
We got a standard room, with a comfy bed, a stocked mini-bar and wi-fi all included in the room cost. What else could you ask for?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laralalaaa
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Staying in Glasgow for a night and all I can think of is I need to stay here again soon. The rooms are lovely and spacious, complementary mini bar, had dinner in the restaurant and every course was just spot on. The staff are so helpful and there is tremendous attention to detail.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wifah
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great stay, booked the executive room January shoppers £99 !
The room was basic, clean and roomy!
There was free whisky. vodka and gin if you wanted in three decanters!
Sky sports etc!
The evening meal was excellent, served very professionally in cinematic surroundings .
We had a drink in the adjoining Waxy O' Connells, there was a band on in the afternoon and music in the evening!
I was a bit rough at breakfast, but the food looked good and plenty full, I had a couple of poached eggs which was a bad idea as it proved an amusing episode between he chef , the waiter, and many attempts at not bursting the egg!
All in all it was excellent!
We did not take the club room , we felt that this would have restricted us a little to the hotel, we spent most of the evening socialising in town for the same price as we would have paid for the club room
Horses for courses , I suppose!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here on business. When my company booked me in here, I checked out the website, which gave a good feel for what the George was going to be like. From the moment I arrived, I knew that I ws going to enjoy my stay. The room was excellent and the service throughout the hotel exemplary! I stayed on a B&B package so didn't eat in the restaurant; the central location meant that there was so much on the doorstep to explore. I look forward to returning to the George; thasnks very much!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Club room was large and excellently furnished with large flat screen TV. Bed was so comfortable we could have slept in all day. Added bonus is free minibar and decanters of spirits also available free. If that is not enough there is a free bar in the club lounge. Dinner and breakfast was excellent.

Only downside was the New Years Eve dinner which was meant to be at a set time of 7pm but took 40 minutes to start serving. This was after refusing to let is bring our unfinished drinks in from the lounge. If I was being cynical I could suggest it was a ploy to get us to purchse more drinks at our table. Other problem common to many UK hotels is that wifi did not work with my tablet.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a Club room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends