“Great half price weekend”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Fife, United Kingdom
“Great half price weekend”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Just back from weekend at Hilton what can I say it was excellent from start to finish we stayed in executive room which includes access to executive lounge where you can have your breakfast afternoon tea and free drinks from 6-8 each night well worth it we ate in minskys on the Saturday night which was great value for money eat as much as you like and a great choice we had the rib eye steak.
The rooms are luxury, spacious with an excellent view.

• Stayed January 2011
SarahCrossley, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Glasgow and your experience in our Executive Lounge and Minsky's Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Turkish first
Boyle
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I was travelling around Scotland and stayed in the Glasgow Hilton for two nights. I am a Diamond HHonors member so I get free internet access and was upgraded to an Executive Room. The hotel is very centrally located. Most local downtown places are only minutes away by taxi (always at the front door) and cost about £5. I was checked in by an excellent Jessica. My room was very good. Plenty of floor space, room to eat room service comfortably and a nice sized bathroom. It was very cold and it was wonderful to have a heating system in the room that worked perfectly, easy to set and virtually soundless. Breakfast was super. Typical Hilton but staffed by people genuinely interested in been pleaseant, chatty and helpful.
The Executive Lounge was, again, pleasant but for some reason is on the ground floor. It also didn't provide free wi-fi which is standard in most Hilton Lounges now, a little nuisance but nothing major. Would I like to return? You bet.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Naillic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2011

Similar to recent reviews, I thought I had made a mistake after booking the hotel for a short trip to glasgow. I was expecting terrible service and old-fashioned decorated rooms! However from the moment we walked into the lobby, everything was positive. the staff was very helpful and nice. Room is great with comfy bed. We had breakfast on both days and even though our room number didn't appear on the list, the staff was very helpful and solved the problem immediately. The only downside to the hotel may be the weird entrance if you walk to the hotel- we took the 500 from the airport and walked to the hotel, short distance but no clear direction. apart from that everything is good.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Morecambe
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and i have come just come home from a 2 night stay at this hotel, i booked the hotel then looked at the reviews and to be honest was dreading in but we had no issue at all with the hotel, staff or anything. We travelled by car which is great as the M8 is right next to the hotel, check-in was quick and easy, we booked a queen room which was fantastic - fantastic view from the 16th floor over the city, room a very good size with hairdryer, 32" tv with a great selection of channels including sky sports!
The hotel is a good 5 min walk or pay about 4.00 in a taxi which will take you to Sauchihall st. There are plenty of taxis waiting outside if needed. Didn't use the bar, restuarant, gym facilities. We did have breakfast on both mornings and was very quick to be seated - there is something there for everybody, bacon,sausage buffet, cereal, cold meats and the staff were great - nothing was too much trouble.
Would def stay here again in fact i didn't want to come home which is not like me!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I was looking for a room in Glasgow at very late notice, and got what I thought was a good price for a 5 star Hilton. It was only afterwards I looked at the reviews on trip advisor, but I'm glad to report that we had a really nice time in the hotel, and have no complaints at all.

The location is ok depending on what you need - we were travelling by train from the city centre, and a taxi is under £5 - but the ~1 mile walk was fine for us. If you were travelling via car, I imagine being able to get to the hotel quickly from the motorway is a plus point (rather than negotiate Glasgow's one-way system).

Staff at reception were friendly and helpful, the lobby was a nice place to be, all three main lifts were working and quickly brought us to our room on the 17th floor. I enjoyed the view at night from up there - all the lights of Glasgow beneath.

The room was relatively spacious (for a standard room), clean, and everything you'd expect of a 5* Hilton hotel. Smart in a 'classic' style.

A/C easy to use and quick to adjust, and the shower was powerful and warm.

Good selection of tv channels too - including Sky Sports.

Slightly odd (especially for Glasgow) was the lack of black tea with the complimentary hot drinks. Coffee, decaf, camomile, and peppermint were all accounted for - but no breakfast tea???

We didn't touch the minibar (it looked expensive) and we didn't use the restaurant during our stay for dinner or breakfast.

All in all, very happy with our stay - I have nothing specifically spectacular to report, but that's hardly a complaint - the hotel did what I expected, and it did it very well. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartinSpoon
SarahCrossley, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and have noted the lack of breakfast tea in your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and hope that you will be able to enjoy our other facilities.

0141 204 5555
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2011

The Hilton Glasgow is a very elegant, luxurious hotel, just off the M8 ringroad towards the centre of Glasgow.

The rooms are comfortable, stylish, reasonably sized and furnished to a high standard. The food is very good, and room service staff always call to ensure everything is acceptable, which is a nice touch. The restaurant, bar, lobby and executive lounge are all attractive and comfortable, although lacking any character or atmosphere that would make you want to linger. There is also a reasonably sized pool and small gym, which is currently being refurbished.

The downsides to this hotel are minimal, although warrant a mention, due to its high cost: Although town is close, walking there is difficult, because of the road layout. you basically have to hike down a badly lit motorway sliproad to get where you need to be! There are only three lifts for 300-400 rooms, which can mean waiting up to 10 minutes just to get to the lobby, although £1.5m is promised to address this. Finally the concierge staff are truly awful, save yourself the trouble of being ignored, patronised and misguided and talk to a receptionist instead.

I would recommend this hotel unreservedly if your company is paying, but if you want somewhere really amazing for a special occasion, I'd keep looking.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MitchLions
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for your pleasent feeback.

As you are a regular customer of the hotel and due to your feedback regarding our Concierge Department I am eager to discuss this with you further.

I would like to request that you contact me through sales.glasgow@hilton.com or alternatively please call Lisa in the Business Development Department on 0141 204 5555 to discuss your review further.

ayr,scotland
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights over Christmas on executive basis . Our first room was noisy from a service lift but we were soon moved as the hotel was quiet on Christmas Eve. The heating in our second room did not work but was promptly repaired. Room was well furnished and had a view down the motorway but was quiet. Good range of toiletries and well stocked with tea \coffee ,and bottled water supplied. Iron and board in room and TV had Sky sports 1,2,and 3. Breakfast was very good , with eggs cooked to your preference. We had a few niggles with the executive lounge. The coffee machine was broken for all of our stay and filter coffee was provided, or tea. Afternoon tea was very repetitive with the same sandwiches every day , and the canapes were poor compared to our previous stays. Our first night there was pinot grigio available but this ran out and was never replenished we were told that no more was available. The alternative was a rather poor white Sun Tree which I would imagine is popular with the catering trade. We were also ticked off for taking a bottle of wine to our table, not sure exactly what the problem was as we were both drinking it , so we promptly returned it to the drink cabinet. Television in the lounge is only on news channels , and over Christmas this was very monotonous as same news repeated over and over. Sports apparently cannot be shown as some previous guests did not conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. The hotel bar however is deemed a suitable venue for showing football.
Although we enjoyed our stay we thought 4 days was too long, we may return but not in the near future.
Special mention to 2 members of staff , the brekfast chef who made the omlettes and Rebecca in the executive lounge as she was very friendly and helpful despite being kept very busy at times, they are a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honestman
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your bedroom and breakfast during your last stay at the hotel, however, I am disappointed that you were let down by the Executive Lounge experience.

I have spoken with the Executive Lounge Supervisor who has advised that we did have a fault with our coffee machine, and due to the adverse weather, the specific part we required to fix the problem was delayed. I have passed on your comments regarding the sandwiches and canapés to our Executive Chef who is in turn currently reviewing our offerings.

I would also like to thank you for mentioning Rebecca from the Executive Lounge and Jimmy the breakfast chef personally. We have an internal recognition programme and it is always great to be able to highlight and reward team members specifically.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback which is invaluable in ensuring we maintain our high level of service and standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss this further.

0141 204 5555