I was looking for a room in Glasgow at very late notice, and got what I thought was a good price for a 5 star Hilton. It was only afterwards I looked at the reviews on trip advisor, but I'm glad to report that we had a really nice time in the hotel, and have no complaints at all.
The location is ok depending on what you need - we were travelling by train from the city centre, and a taxi is under £5 - but the ~1 mile walk was fine for us. If you were travelling via car, I imagine being able to get to the hotel quickly from the motorway is a plus point (rather than negotiate Glasgow's one-way system).
Staff at reception were friendly and helpful, the lobby was a nice place to be, all three main lifts were working and quickly brought us to our room on the 17th floor. I enjoyed the view at night from up there - all the lights of Glasgow beneath.
The room was relatively spacious (for a standard room), clean, and everything you'd expect of a 5* Hilton hotel. Smart in a 'classic' style.
A/C easy to use and quick to adjust, and the shower was powerful and warm.
Good selection of tv channels too - including Sky Sports.
Slightly odd (especially for Glasgow) was the lack of black tea with the complimentary hot drinks. Coffee, decaf, camomile, and peppermint were all accounted for - but no breakfast tea???
We didn't touch the minibar (it looked expensive) and we didn't use the restaurant during our stay for dinner or breakfast.
All in all, very happy with our stay - I have nothing specifically spectacular to report, but that's hardly a complaint - the hotel did what I expected, and it did it very well. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland