“Not as outstanding as it used to be.”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #33 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Not as outstanding as it used to be.”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed overnight on a Sunday evening in a top floor balcony suite. Room was absolutely fine although I would have expected some furniture to enable you to sit outside on the balcony. We participated in breakfast in the morning which is ALL buffet. How a guest is expected to self serve their breakfast (not a great problem) then serve serve their tea/coffee and toast whilst they all keep warm is somewhat beyond me. By all means have a buffet style but you MUST have tea and toast served to the table. Not impressed at all. The "Executive Lounge" has also been moved from it previous high floor perch (with attendant views over the city) to ground level. It is now housed in an internal room (ie no windows) and is now quite ordinary, bland and featureless. The trend nowadays seems to be towards minimising everything (including staff at breakfast) and in my humble opinion a lot of character has been lost in the process.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David D
HiltonGlasgow, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear David D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Sunday night stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your balcony suite and I am happy to confirm that we are currently looking at furniture for the balconies.

However I am sorry to hear that you were less impressed with our breakfast buffet, our team are always more than happy to serve our guests tea and coffee to their table, should they prefer.

I have also noted your comments regarding the Executive Lounge and shared them with our Food and Beverage Manager to include in our on-going review of products and services that we offer to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Turkish first
Nottingham
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Typical good standard Hilton brand in Glasgow. 10 mins walk from Central station (come out of Hope St exit) and you can see the hotel at the end of the road (Waterloo St)...,not the most salubrious approach as you get near the hotel under the shadow of the M8, but felt safe, though if I were a female travelling alone I'd definately recommend a cab.

Reception area was good with open plan bar and friendly efficient check in. Room was good (Although I had a twin not a double) with good desk and soft and hard chair and desk handy if you are working. Bathroom appointed to a good standard. Breakfast was ok but not outstanding with comprehensive range of hot and cold items buffet style. Personally I found the restaurant for breakfast a little soulless but it was relatively quiet so may just be me. No noise from the adjacent motorway so a good nights sleep was possible. For £80 night I thought this was good and better value than other properties in the £65-70 price bracket
So in summary, decent enough hotel and in my opinion second only to the Novotel compared with other hotels stayed at (Jurys, Millenium)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank phileasfoggtmc
Dear phileasfoggtmc,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always strive to put guests first and provide a warm and engaging service to all our guests.

We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Booked on-line very simple and efficient process, booked a deal combining HH points and cash. Arrival at hotel quick and efficient check-in, upgraded to executive room thanks to HH gold card very grateful. Room had all that we required, used the executive lounge, a bit disappointed that they have withdrawn spirits, rose wine was undrinkable, red wine was ok, good choice of nibbles and beverages. Had a snack in the bar at night Chicken salad was very good, roast beef sandwich was let down by poor quality mass produced bread. Good comfortable bed and sleep quality was good, breakfast was normal high standard with plenty of options for all diets, unlike some other contributors I like selecting my own hot drinks and do not think this is a negative. Overall a nice stay, would like to see spirits re-introduced to the executive lounge, really need to think about quality of bread in sandwiches as it was a big let down for a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honours reward scheme as the benefits are excellent. I have had an upgrade at last 3 sta...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonGlasgow, Owner at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear shugmac62,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our Hilton Hhonors members.

It’s great to hear overall you had a nice stay however I have noted your feedback regarding our Executive Lounge offerings and quality of the bread in the bar.

I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager who will include your comments in our on-going review of products and services.

I am pleased to read your comments regarding breakfast, our coffee machines offer our guests a great range of fresh options from a cappuccino to double espresso and a wide selection of teas.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Lovely hotel, is quite a walk if on public transport but taxi only takes 5mins from central station. Room had been refurbished. room decor dark but in keeping. Windows do not open and found air con bit feeble. A really clean and comfortable room. Will stay again if good deal available. Breakfast huge choice and staff lovely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Fiona M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your 3 day stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

I am pleased you enjoyed your time at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The area around the hotel is grim and does not feel safe at all to leave the safety of the hotel.

The reception area is beautiful and welcoming that sadly stops as soon as checking in has happened. The room was booked as a twin for a friend and I but was a double and a manky sofa bed - first complaint made. We were then given another room which was a twin but had the saddest view ever known to man. So we thought we'd try the spa, well this may have been oversold as a spa as it was more of a dungeon in the basement. No children control, loungers booked by selfish people leaving their towels there and at one point I'm sure I saw an iceberg it was that cold. To me spa's are warm, welcoming, spacious and relaxing. This was none of those things.

You may also need a loan for the car park and bar (£22 for 2 medium glasses of wine!)

I would not ever stay here again, Hilton you are going downhill - sad, very sad.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else for a better room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear TravellerBusinessDGB,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am so very sorry to read that your impression of our hotel was not a positive one.

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us.

Your feedback regarding your bedroom and the Spa has been shared with our management team to include as part of our on-going review of services and products offered to our guests to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future.

I have also noted your comments regarding the car park and bar.

I do hope you will consider us again. We would very much look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of product and service you have every right to expect from Hilton Glasgow.

Thank you again for sharing.

wick, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

need to upgrade bathrooms toilet bad flushing shower out of date old sinks, mini bar very expensive. staff very helpful food ok location good, but holiday inn give better deals and have really good showers in the Edinburgh west.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

While I am happy to hear your feedback on our helpful staff and good location, I see there were some areas mentioned in your review that prevented you from having an overall positive experience with us.
Your feedback has been shared with our management team and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

mcdonough
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My family and I loved this hotel. The staff were extremely nice right from the beginning. The beds were really comfortable, and made for a good nights sleep. The room was spacious, and the location is pretty good, and is within walking distance to central station, and lots of other places I town. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear rex2r,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

I am so pleased to read your kind comments and to hear you wished you could have stayed longer , it’s always a pleasure to share great reviews with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.