My wife and I have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Hilton Glasgow. We chose this hotel due to its relative close proximity to the SECC (approx 20 minute walk away). We found the location very convenient, it's about half way between Glasgow Cental Station and the SECC, and much cheaper than the hotels around the SECC! We got two nights bed and breakfast with dinner on the first night for £195.
The hotel its self is very modern, and it contains all the facilities you would expect of a Hilton Hotel. The ground floor has a leasure centre which includes a small but perfectly formed swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi and gym. There are two restaurants which are quirkily decorated and serve pretty good food. The breakfasts deserve a special mention as they were just wonderful, so much choice and they really set you up for the day!
The room was like the rest of the hotel, very modern and very well equiped with a large TV, fully stocked mini bar, air conditioning (not that you need it in Scotland!) and a large and comfy bed. The bathroom was also very nice although the shower was the most complicated one I have ever encountered! My wife was also very impressed with the hairdryer, very powerful apparently! The only let down was that the plug in the sink did not stay down unless wedged with a damp flannel! Trivial it may be, but it was annoying!
We'd definately stay at this hotel again as it did everything well with no fuss, a quality hotel that does not break the bank!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland