“Would stay here again.”

Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Would stay here again.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Nice, spacious and clean rooms. Lovely big reception area and bar area. Not too far a walk to the SECC, about 20 minutes. this was the reason for our stay. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (579)
  • Turkish first
Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a great hotel and a wonderful place to spoil yourself for a weekend getaway. We stay here anytime we visit Glasgow, and some times we visit Glasgow just to stay here! Keep an eye out for sale rates though as there are some bargains to be had if your lucky.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Albion Park, Australia
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights and loved the service the staff offered. They were always willing to go the extra mile to satisfy your needs. Clean and tidy rooms. About a 10 min walk to the town centre. Great food and good bar. Taxi rank outside hotel so hardly ever need to wait for a taxi

• Stayed July 2013
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here for a night out with the girls in a double double room. Although there only ended up being 2 of us staying in it, it would've been more than big enough for 3 or 4 adults. Due to this, I will definitely use this hotel again. As we arrived late, we didn't have time to go to the restaurant but we did order room service to eat while we were getting ready. Food was absolutely fine, average price and the usual tray charge. All of the staff that we came across were very friendly, especially on reception. Didn't have time/ was too hungover to use the pool but look forward to checking it out on my next visit. I don't agree with other reviews that say that £12 for parking is expensive. I think that's a fair price when you're in the city centre and not many hotels provide parking. Just be careful when entering/ exiting the car park as it is a bit tight, especially for bigger cars.

Room Tip: Double double is good for a night with the girls!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very impressed with the location (£23 taxi from airport) the lobby, the check in, and the room (to start with), then it went down hill.

1) No TV remote

The housekeeper or their supervisor should have checked this before the room was made available for check-in. A replacement was delivered after I called reception.

2) Faulty bedside phone

Again, this is something that the hotel staff should check every day. These phones are primarily placed in rooms for Fire/Life safety - not much use if they are broken

3) 8.00 am wake-up

The only problem is that I didn't want an 8.00am wake-up, but clearly the technical team thought that this would be a good time to bang on my door to look at the broken phone - urrr - No!

4) Overcrowded Breakfast

The buffet area was not big enough for the number of guests having breakfast - it was like a rugby scrum! Once I managed to escape the scrum - the food was actually worth the fight.

5) Poor WiFi

I don't mind paying £15 for 24hrs WiFi.... but when it can't even handle a SKYPE voice call from a modern PC - then I think the hotel has a problem.

6) TV

Time to change the TV system. Do you know that the UK has gone digital... not in this hotel....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for one night in June and due to the short notice I could only get an Executive Room (I don't pay the bill!)
Nice large room on 14th floor - not perfect (towel rail loose) but very nice. Being close to the roof there is some noise from the air con on the roof but not too bad.
We planned to just grab a quick drink in the executive lounge but ended up eating sufficiently well and using the free bar to full effect that we didn't venture out of the hotel at all.
I think the breakfast selection is smaller in the exec lounge, so next time I'll stick to the main breakfast buffet.
A very restful night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve2406
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My stay at Hilton Glasgow was a last minute thing due to a family member falling ill. I struggled to find any accommodation suitable for us all however not only was the Hilton able to accommodate I was offered a very good rate via the telephone reservations - first price quoted was £130 which was too much however when I said I would book into the Marriot as they were quoting £85 I was offered the same room at £78.

I was a bit annoyed that I was not offered the cheaper rate first as the £130 was described as the "best available rate" which seemed a little dishonest. The rate included breakfast but parking was expensive (£12 for 24hours).

We arrived at the hotel at 11.30 (pm) and tried to checkin. Unfortunately the room I ordered (Queen Family Room) had turned into a King Room which meant no bed for the kids. I highlighted to the receptionist who arranged for a family room to be made up for us. This meant a half hour wait which was most annoying given we had just had a five hour drive and wanted to go to bed. The hotel did provide free drinks at the bar while we waited which partially made up for the inconvenience

Once we got settled into the room we were impressed with the view. The room was very comfortable. It isn't the most stylish or luxurious room I've ever stayed in however there is nothing to complain about and everything is of a very high quality.

The beds were comfortable and a good night sleep was had by all. Breakfast was the usual buffet affair and very enjoyable.

One thing I would say is our room had faulty air con which made the room a little uncomfortable. The hotel did put a fan in the room and informed us of the problem before we arrived. A repair man arrived in the morning.

As you can see it wasn't the most seamless hotel stay ever but the staff were friendly, professional and empathetic throughout the stay and done everything to mitigate any issues that arise. What more can one expect?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family