Hotel was nice, dont like using that word but pretty much sums it up. a bit characterless, and not so much city centre as they would have you think.
I stayed in glasgow as I had a hosp appt the next day through there, to have an op, so all I wanted was a good nights sleep.
Around 10pm I could hear a constant loud banging coming from above. I somehow managed to get to sleep, only to be woken again around 8.30am with the same banging, I called reception who advised they would have someone look at it, i didnt hear anything back, I called again and spoke to Craig who investigated and advised me that they were fixing the lift shaft. how the first person didnt know this I do not know! But he was more than helpful and indeed dealed with my issue very professionally and offered me something to make up for this.
I think with the price Hilton charge then breakfast should be included if not at a reduced rate as £18 for breakfast is expensive!!
As for the hotel being 5* I wouldnt go as far as this as far as the rooms are concerned, there is nothing in them to make them 5* which to me means luxury.
Overall an alright stay but this review wouldve been worse had it not been for the professionalism of Craig at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located, the 5 star Hilton Glasgow Hotel is set in the heart of the city’s financial district, with excellent transport links and easy access to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC). Just 15 minutes from Glasgow International Airport and a a few minutes walk from the city's shopping district; this landmark hotel is perfect for business or leisure. One of Glasgow’s most stylish hotels, Hilton Glasgow offers 319 contemporary bedrooms providing every comfort, designed to make your stay as relaxed as possible. Each room boasts an LCD television with on demand movies, high speed internet access and complimentary toiletries.Keep fit in the hotel’s Livingwell Health Club,relax in The Ocean Rooms Spa or unwind and enjoy afternoon tea in Ti Tea Lounge.Sample Scottish hospitality at it's best in Morblas Seafood and Grill or relax with a cocktail in Connich Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Booking.com, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Hilton International Glasgow
- Glasgow Hilton International
- Glasgow Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Glasgow Scotland