“IDEAL location for those travelling by train”
Review of Hilton Glasgow

Hilton Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Excellent location ...walkable from the train station....rooms were good ....view of olden architecture/bridges from my room....nice breakfast....walking distance from underground just across the street......overall a good place to stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel for 2 nights on business. It's my third stay here and I have had a very mixed experience.

Check in is very quick, staff are very polite and are (usually) very happy to help. The lobby and bar areas are all lovely, clean and well furnished. The food in the bar, the restaurant and the breakfast hall is superb and the selection is vast especially at breakfast. Free wifi in the bar area and also sometimes free with the room. The pool and gym areas are also excellent.

The concern I have is with regards to the rooms. The first time I stayed here the room I was allocated was simply stunning, a spacious clean room with huge bed, lavish furniture and a marble bathroom. As a package i went home raving about the whole hotel but especially the rooms and recommended to family and colleagues.

The second stay here the room I was allocated was very average the decor was worn and it just looked very tired. A complete contrast to the room I had stayed in previously but I assumed it was a one off and accepted that this time I had been unlucky.

This evening I have arrived at the hotel and so far my experience has been poor! I am currently in a room with stained carpets, dirty/dusty furniture and a heating system that even on 30 degrees is still blowing out cold air when it's -4 outside! So far not a great! I am here for another night so will update review at end of my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank gem03x
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear gem03x,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am so sorry to hear of your poor experience during your recent stay with us and have shared your review with our Head Housekeeper and Front of House Manager to remedy the areas mentioned within your review.

It is totally unacceptable to be given a room in the condition you detailed within your review and can assure you that this is not the standard of service we strive to achieve.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at sales.glasgow@hilton.com should you wish to discuss your stay further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

a beautiful hotel stayed in December all staff are very helpful the rooms are so very nice and the breakfast is a good one - great location right next to the city centre we had a really good stay here. thankyou

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear kerry096,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

I’m delighted to hear of your brilliant stay and look forwarding to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Got a twin room for my daughters and an executive room with a balcony for myself, the executive room is worth that bit more for the access to the executive lounge for your bites to eat and beverages, cold, hot or alchohol, i had the later !! Not the 1st time ive stayed there and wont be the last !

Room Tip: Booked 2 rooms a twin for my daughters and an executive with balcony for myself. Had a faultless exp...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Stevenstewart104,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Executive Balcony room and the offerings in our Executive Lounge. Our team always appreciate positive feedback.

It’s great to read that this “won’t be the last” stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our third stay at this hotel in the space of a year. This time we were staying for 2 nights.

As usual check in was quick and simple and we were allocated our room. The room was clean, tidy and comfortable.

There was sufficient towels and toiletries provided for the four of us staying in the room.

The pool and spa area was clean and quiet when we used it.

The breakfast as usual was excellent. A great choice of hot and cold foods available and it's always a highlight of our stay.

We are already looking a more dates for when we can book to stay again

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear tictraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review your third stay with us at Hilton Glasgow, we really appreciate you awarding us full marks.

It’s always a pleasure to read reviews from our loyal guests, we appreciate your feedback and I will certainly pass on your review to the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed over December as always just wonderful.
Staff so attentive, on the ball as always.
Rooms well equipped, very nice.
Food amazing drinks fab although some wines could be better priced.
Spa superb treatments on offer and fab swimming pool.
Location: fantastic for both City Centre and West end.
Would highly recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear PoserChic,

It is always a pleasure to pass on positive feedback to our team and we appreciate your recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

For years now at the beginning of December, we've stayed in this hotel overnight after attending an annual dinner- dance. The rooms are comfortable; the food, considering the number of people eating- 400 to 600, is always delicious and beautifully presented and the service has always been excellent. However, at the end of the recent dance I discovered my phone taken out of my bag and raffle prizes removed from under the table where I'd stored them. Security implied that it could have been a fellow guest: who knows? I wouldn't cast aspersions. My point is: enjoy your stay but be careful when you leave the table unattended, you may find your belongings stolen.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear MoJMo,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

Although I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your comfortable room and the service and food at your annual dinner dance, I am sorry to read of your experience regarding your phone and raffle prizes.
I have shared your review with our security team, unfortunately the hotel is not liable for unattended property belonging to our guests.

Should you wish to discuss your review further please feel free to contact me at sales.glasgow@hilton.com or call 0141 204 5555 and ask for Lisa in Business Development.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,