Hilton Glasgow
$321
$268
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$190
$313
$264
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$201
$171
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$140
$172
$168
$222
TripAdvisor
3,601 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecity centreleisure facilitieshigh floorhaggismini barcar parkporridgebreakfast was excellentfamily roomstayed for one nightself servicemotorwayconciergesaunataxislift
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hotel location could be better, as walking is not nice to the city, but if you are here for business and you take a taxi/drive a car, then it is excellent.
Rooms are modern and well-equipped, it’s been a long time I had such a great breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed one Saturday evening in September with our family friends for their birthday. We had quite a good deal that included full buffet breakfast. I have requested for higher floor but unfortunately we only got 6th floor bedroom however we could see the clear view of M8 motorway and Finnieston crane beyond. Although it was by the motorway it was very quiet and you don't hear any traffic noise. We had twin bedded room - beds were very comfortable and the room was spotless clean. Body lotion supplied in the bathroom was really good - leaving the skin really nice and soft. Buffet breakfast was excellent - you can have so many choices; so many kinds of pastries, yoghurt fruits, fish, eggs (boiled, poached, scrambled, sunny side up, etc), potato scones, hush browns, mushroom, bacon, sausages, even great vegetarian sausages which we really enjoy, porridge, haggis, pancakes and syrups, well I can't list all. Just thinking about it makes me hungry and I really want to go back there and eat as much as I could...

We did not have any dinner there as we went out. It's not really a nice area to walk at night so you'd need to take taxi to/from if you go out for dinner but it's not that expensive to get to town center. There is a car park but unfortunately it's not free. If you are hotel guests, you get fixed discounted rate for over night parking - just ask at the reception for this when you check out.

Overall, we had a lovely stay at this hotel and we would not mind going back there again if they do another overnight stay deal with breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hilton in Glasgow is quite snobby.
I phoned them up and asked what kind of car park the had as we have really big jeep and we have to watch the hight. The lady said they had an excellent car park. When we got there it was an underground car park and we couldn't fit in. I asked the door man and he said because it won't fit in underground car park we would have to go to a pay and display car park a few miles away. I said to him can't we park it out the frount and his exact words... We don't want a thing like that outside here!
We said to the lady on the desk and she said sorry cant help. She was as much use as a paper bag. If they lady had said on the phone we would have made arrangements to get other vechical but she assured us that it was god car park. She didn't even say it was underground.

We went to there restaurant for tea. Wasn't good. Was tasteless however breakfast was really good.

I wouldn't stay here ever again the staff are obviously better than you. There are plenty other better places to stay in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Go to other hotel. The Marriott is better and better car park!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Miller3cx
Lisa L, Manager at Hilton Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Miller3cx,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow .

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast however I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with other aspects of your stay.

I can confirm that the height restriction for our car park is 1.8 metres , our concierge are always happy to recommend alternative arrangements for our guest vehicles where business permits parking in front of the hotel may be arranged at the General Managers discretion.

I have shared your review with our management team and can assure you that all areas detailed within your review will be actioned with the relevant team members.

Again I am sorry to hear that you left with such a bad impression of our hotel and I do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel at some point in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

You should not see this hotel getting a welcome or business from Visit Scotlan - they cannot seem to understand what quality means. I stayed in October - in a Exectuive Corner Room - includes access to the Execuitve Lounge. Its quite noticeable that they are cutting corners to offer only realy basic ammenites in the lounge.

Popped later afternoon - reasonably busy but all the afternoon tea had been cleared. Drinks in the evening usual fare but Breakfast was the biggest disappointment. The range of food rather limited and the expection that you would have would be to offer a really good service with a can do attitude so you will be really disappointed here. Whilst you can have a full breakfast in the restaurant its too much trouble - I have stayed in some really great hotels where the service has been great and especially so from the Exectuive Lounge team - even the duty manager couldn't see past the "rules and regulations".

More generally the hotel lobby and lifst have had a face lift - needed it though the lifts were clapped out previously - does not really benefit the lobby area which is noisy and somewhat cold - money would have been better spent on customer service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AHandHH

Dear AHandHH,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Glasgow.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us on this occasion was not a positive one.

We are consistently reviewing our products and services that we offer to our guests, I can confirm that our Executive offerings are standard across the Hilton Brand however I will pass on your comments.

Your feedback has been shared with our management team and all areas detailed within your review will be included in our on-going assessment of product and services.

Again, we appreciate your constructive feedback and we sincerely hope that you will give us another try and allow us to show you the full level of service and comfort our guests have come to rely on at our hotel.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with my partner and another couple and it cost a very reasonable £155 per couple for two nights. Our visit was mostly about shopping and the hotel was in walking distance of the main shopping areas. The room was a queen guest room and was really spacious. The bathroom was also generously sized but there was some black mould on the tiles which I disliked - not what I would expect from a 5* hotel.
When we checked in the receptionist asked us if we were there to celebrate an anniversary and I explained it was my partners birthday. When our friends arrived in there room there was a bottle of champagne and chocolates with chocolate spelling out " happy anniversary"! Not quite right but a nice gesture anyway!
I would recommend this hotel to a friend and would return to it in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Gomartymo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your two night stay with Hilton Glasgow and for awarding us full marks.

It's great to read your comments on good location and great value and to hear you enjoyed your spacious room, however I am sorry to hear of the mould on the tiles and have passed your feedback to our Head of Engineering to take remedial action.

Although our receptionist team had the best intentions regarding your partners birthday I am sorry for the mix up and have since spoken with our Reception Manager who has assured me that the continued training focus will be on customer care.

We do hope to see you again in the near future,