Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$100
$54
$110
$92
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$58
$212
$150
  • Pool
Argyll Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$59
$50
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$142
$77
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,496 results
All reviewsthe club loungecovered walkwaycity centrebbc scotlandclyde auditoriumscience museumcar parkattending an eventsse hydroleisure facilitiesreception staffan upgradestayed here for one nightbuffet stylebreakfast was excellentan overnight staygood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Just getting round to posting a review, stayed here in July with my husband and 9 year old as we were going to see Britains Got Talent at SECC. We are Hilton Priority Club members and regularly stay at the Glasgow Hilton, or the Glasgow Carlton George but chose this for a change due to proximity to SECC and the fact got a good deal. From the outset receptionists and concierge staff extremely pleasant and helpful and we were upgraded to a suite on the 14th floor with separate lounge and panoramic views over the city so my daughter had her own room which she absolutely loved. Facilities excellent, towelling robes slippers etc, . once a staple of the Hilton but no longer, parking charges reasonable, ice machines on certrain floors where Hilton charge you £3.50 to bring a bucket of ice to your room. We were very happy with this hotel, as we have become increasingly unhappy at Hilton and have booked a further visit with just my husband and myself in December while going to see another show.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

What a great review, thanks for taking the time and trouble to post it.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have decided to come back and stay with us again in December. Please let me know what date you are staying.

Rgds

Reviewed September 10, 2010

Best hotel I have ever stayed at in Glasgow. Value for money, clean, pleasant staff and amazing food. Breakfast is amazing. Looking forward to our next visit. Thanks again x

• Stayed: January 2010
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Do let me know if you are planning to visit again,

thanks again

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Stayed here for one night when I first arrived in glasgow from london.
we arrived at 1.30am staff very friendly and as I had pre warned them of my arrival time they used my name straight away. the room we had was on the 10th floor hated the lift with the view thou as I am scared of hightes. The room was really nice 2 double beds lots of space to move around and very clean except for the net curtains. we did have a problem with the shower the next morning as they have the glass shower screens if you don't have the shower head angled right you tend to spray water around the bathroom. Over all really impressed and would stay here again

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Thanks for your review - i'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have been able to locate the room you stayed in and as such have now asked maintenance to check out the shower screen.

I hope you will come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

Well actually I do - I get free nights because I use other hotels in the chain a lot!

But every time I have stayed in this hotel I have been woken by a fire alarm going off, in fact talking to friends and family it seems to be a bit of a standing joke about this hotel, what is embarassing is that Mr Dubaiweegie claims to have built this hotel....

Our room was small and dingy although clean enough, but generally could do with a refurb. The view of the building site next door is particularly romantic!

Dinner was nothing special, but adequate. Problem with this hotel is that there really isnt anywhere else to eat nearby, unless you want to take a taxi.

So after all this and another fire alarm wake up call, we decided not to stay another night and find another hotel.........

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2010

Thanks for posting a review which states that you stayed with us in August.

I assume you are a member of Priority Club and that you were redeeming your points with us. I am sorry that we consistently don't live up to your expectations as you found the room too small and that you felt the food was not up to much. I am concerned that you appeared to be woken up ( again) by a fire alarm as we do not have any record of any activations in August apart from the routine tests which are normally held mid afternoon.

I am sorry that your view also included the New National Arena that is currently being built. Unfortunately, i cannot do a lot about that.

Please do let me know when you plan to stay next and we will do everything possible to ensure you enjoy your stay.

Thanks again,

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We booked a Club room for that added bit of luxury which turned out not to exist! Room not ready even though it was early afternoon. We tried again to check in early evening (admittedly a busy time), but the two staff were struggling to cope with a queue of more than 12 people who were swamping the reception area and it took 20 minutes to get checked in.

The room was very small and hot. Turning thermostat down as far as possible didn't help. Spoke to staff in Club lounge who said it was a problem for the whole Club floor - I understand the hotel had been having a problem with the temperature. What was galling was that the hotel had not alerted us to the situation when we checked in, or told us what to do about it. The staff in the Club Lounge had portable fans for their use but the guests were left to fend for themselves. After several hours we asked for a fan, which was promptly provided but we still had a very hot and uncomfortable night.

We were also surprised that, though it was supposed to be a double room and there were two occupying it, there were only amenities (e.g. robes, slippers, 'giveaways'), for one. When we queried this, we were told we only had to ask for a second set (why should we have to?) and items are restricted 'because guests steal them!'.

Not what I expect from a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
DJMcVEY, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry that your room was not ready when you arrived early afternoon. unfortunately sometimes we cannot have the correct room types ready by 2pm due to guests choosing to check out later than expected. I am sorry that the situation being compounded by the desk being busy when you returned later to check in.

I am pleased to say that we have now reviewed our policy regarding bathrobes and two are put in double occupancy rooms.

I do hope you will come back and stay with us - let us know if you decide to.