We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of May.
Check-in was swift and efficient. Reception staff were friendly & helpful. The foyer and open-plan restaurant on the ground floor are impressive and large.
We had a refurbished room and it was stylish & comfortable. The fluffy robes, mineral water & chocolates were very nice touches.
The bathroom & room were very clean and the bathroom had plenty of large thick towels & a heated towel rail. Nice quality toiletries too.
We were on the 10th floor with impressive views down the Clyde to the SECC.
We ate dinner in the hotel on one evening. It was average. My husband had fish & chips which he said was ok. I ordered salmon salad but the salad turned out to be just lots of shredded lettuce covered in mayonnaise. It wasn't to my taste & not what I expected. I expected a normal mixed salad; lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers etc. So I had to leave most of it. Next tme I'll check before ordering as it was an expensive mistake !
There are good restaurants within a few minutes walk of the hotel. We went to a good Thai restaurant. There is also an Indian restaurant which looked good.
The hotel is in an impressive setting next to the Clyde and the night-time view from our room was stunning.
I recommend using ear plugs at night as it was quite noisy with other guests talking & banging doors.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice & very helpful & friendly waitresses. Breakfast was available for quite a few hours so you could easily avoid the peak times.
My only complaint is that the tables for two were far too close together and you could hear people's conversation & they could hear yours. Unfortunately we were sandwiched between two tables with noisy babies on them. It was like having breakfast in a creche !
You can walk into the city centre. It takes about 15 mins. There is a pleasant walk along the Clyde into town.
I would recommend this hotel. It represents excellent value for money. We paid £65 for the room per night including breakfast. Brilliant !
I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I visit Glasgow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland