“no complaints”

Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
scottish highlands
“no complaints”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here last night.asked at reception for room with a good view and thats what we got.reception staff helpful and welcoming.recent reviews have mentioned refurbishment noise.i heard nothing whilst in my room.i did in restaurant, but a stern look from me and they got the hint.its a busy hotel but my room was ideal, everything I needed.used the pool and hottub, clean and well organised. Ate in the main restaurant. £29 for 2, choice of starter, main course and glass of wine.i had fish and chips, batter very thick and hard.staff friendly. Overall I was happy with everything and I am a bit fussy.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, great views over glasgow and the river clyde.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bluelou60
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am overjoyed that you found everything to your liking and that we did a great job in making your stay as perfect as possible. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Dominic McVey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many Crowne Plazas and this was a disappointment! Check in took ages no dedicated Gold / Platinum check in which is not what you want at the end of a long day. I reported that the TV wasn't working on the first day and again each morning until I left and it was never fixed. At the moment there is lot of refurbishment going on which I understand but it was very noisy and did it really have to start so early, not nice eating breakfast to the sound of a drill!

1 Thank gtillier
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that your stay was disappointing due to a few issues. Please accept my apologies for your television; I will discuss this with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. I will be sure to discuss the lack of recognition for IHG members with our reception team. I hope you give us another chance to impress you in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night to attend a show at the Hydro. Having stayed at cheaper hotels in the area we decided to treat ourselves to a nicer hotel this time. Upon arrival we parked in the carpark to the rear of the hotel, and despite it being busy, managed to get a space. It was pouring rain, so we were thinking "great we'll be soaked by the time we walk round to the front door" but they have a lobby from the carpark which saves you having to walk outside in poor weather.

Check in was quick and easy despite the reception area being extremely busy with a wedding on, and other guests in the bar etc. Took the lift to the 16th floor, amazing views of the SECC and the Hydro from the Panoramic lift, but would avoid if you're not keen on heights!

The room itself was a large room, well equiped with tea, coffee, milk, biscuits. The usual toiletries in the bathroom as well as 2 bathrobes and 2 pairs of slippers. We ordered room service for tea as we had been advised at check in the restuarant was fully booked. The food was delivered to the room within 20 minutes of ordering despite being told it would be around half an hour.

In the morning we went down for breakfast which was a huge buffet of hot food, fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast, pastries, porridge, cereals - literally everything you could think of for breakfast. Check out was easy, they asked if we had parked in the car park, and then validated our ticket. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The lady who checked us out on the Sunday morning was particularly cheery, which was nice!

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. If you're going to a show or a gig as a treat, I would definately recommend the Crowne Plaza as you can access the SECC from the hotel without going outside, and if you're at the Hydro, its a short walk of less than 100 yards from the SECC to the Hydro. Its also brilliant in comparison to other nearby hotels.

We're going to a concert in May, and I have booked another room here.

Room Tip: Splash out and go for the Club Floor to add to the experience!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsSmith146
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I’m pleased you found our hotel to deliver on everything you required and I look forward to welcoming you back for another excellent stay.

Fleetwood, Lancashire
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I spent one night on business in Glasgow, and was impressed with what the Crowne Plaza has to offer.

Very conveniently situated next to the SECC and within a stones throw of the city centre.

I was upgraded to the 16th floor for starters, which gains access to the Club Lounge on the 15th.

The gym was sufficiently stocked with free weights and cardio equipment, whilst the swimming pool was uncluttered. There is a problem with the shower by the sauna and steam room, but this is a minor inconvenience.

The room was spotless and a huge bed awaits. The bathroom is well appointed and also clean as a whistle.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for any Glasgow stay.

1 Thank Chris1968_13
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us. I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us would happily recommend us to others. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

On arriving there seemed to be no record of our booking of two adjoining rooms we were given vouchers for the bar while this was investigated. The receptionist came over and explained that due to an upgrading of the system there seemed to be no record of our booking. She immediately offered us a suite at no cost to us. We enjoyed our night in our lovely suite and appreciated the way the friendly reception staff handled this situation. The barman was also friendly and helpful. We had a lovely relaxed breakfast the next morning. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Margaret N
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologise that we had no record of your initial booking with us, but I am delighted to hear that this was quickly resolved and you were offered a suite. I am always happy to hear praise of the customer service offered by our team and I will ensure this is passed on. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Richland, Washington
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Spent one night here and had a nice time. The service was excellent and friendly. Our room was comfortable and we had a nice view of the River Clyde. We had a west facing room but I would get a east facing room the next time. Breakfast was very good and there are a lot of options. Would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving a review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in November. We were attending a concert at the hydro and the hotel is in an excellent location for this, literally a minutes walk across a courtyard. The hotel itself is nice but is definitely in need of some modernisation and/or renovation in order to warrant the, at times, extortionate price tag. We stayed here using priority club points but the tariff quoted online when I booked was £189 per night. I certainly would have been very disappointed if I had paid that! The majority of the public areas of the hotel are ok. Quite pleasant to sit in with a drink. The restaurant was mixed. We had a terrible starter, very good main course and excellent breakfast! The room we were in was fine, a little tired, particularly in the bathroom but it was adequate and did the trick for the amount of time we were actually in it! I did, however, miss the crowne plaza sleep spray stuff they usually leave on the bed - didn't get it either night! Anyway, in short, yes I would stay here again but the price would have to be right! Glad to see from other reviews that a refurbishment might now be taking place!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul T
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I am frustrated to hear that you had a mixed stay at the hotel and we did not meet your expectations. We aim to achieve the highest standards in all areas in order to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us. I am delighted to report that we are in the process of carrying out a major refurbishment of the public areas in the hotel, with some areas now complete and we are receiving some phenomenal feedback from guests. We are also in the planning stages of the next phase of refurbishment which will include our bedrooms. I am confident that on your next visit to the hotel you will witness the progress that has already been made.

We are currently awaiting stocks of our sleep kit and apologise that this was not available at the time of your stay. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your starter during your evening meal but delighted to learn that your main course and breakfast the next morning were to your complete satisfaction.

I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.