“Another great stay”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here on Sun 29th September as a wee quick getaway. Having stayed previously we expected the best .... and thats what we got. Room was lovely with a great view over the clyde and hydro. Range of food at breakfast buffet was amazing, very fresh and topped up by chef at least 4 times whilst we were eating ours. Only a couple of little moans. At check in wasnt informed as rewards members that we would get an hours free wifi. We were sent to floor 11 (written on card) instead of 12 so trying to get into wrong room!! (luckily no one was in). The majority of female staff at breakfast were too busy complaining about other staff to notice tables werent bring cleared. So I'd give the hotel the thumbs up but the staff need a bit more work!! Definately will be back

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Migailey
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your thoughts on our stay. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your second stay with us and found everything to your liking. I have taken the opportunity to discuss your comments with the team and can assure you that you will notice an improvement should you stay with us again. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dominic McVey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,422)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here for a concert at the Hydro recently and the location was perfect.

Check in was fast and staff were helpful. Our room was spacious and clean.

Breakfast was great - good choice and all items I had were well cokked and tasty.

Would use again for future events at SECC / Hydro.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything from our team members to our breakfasts to be excellent. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel is right on the water near all the event venues and only a few pounds in a taxi from the city centre. The hotel is comfortable, good staff and large friendly bar. It looks slightly dated in decor, but not unattractive. Good venue.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your thoughts on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking while here. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for the Fleetwood Mac gig at the Hydro and was left disappointed with the hotel. Initially we were checked into a 1st floor disabled (i'm not disabled) room which was, as others have highlighted with their rooms, very shabby and tired. Stained bed cover, trodden chewing gum on the carpets, visible dust and generally very tired furnishings, especially the bathroom. I spoke to reception who immediately moved us to a better room, I couldn't fault the handling of the complaint but I don't think guests should be accommodated here. I would expect it from a 2 star hotel but not a supposed 4 star.

Food wise, we had a bar snack and later, room service, which were very good. The breakfast was good too, with a wide variety of both cooked and cold food, however we weren't offered tea or coffee and had to catch one of the waitresses walking past after 10 minutes.

Overall I would not stay here again, the convenience of the SECC is fantastic, but a short walk over the bridge to another hotel will probably be what i'll do next time. I booked the hotel for my fiancé's birthday so that made the overall feeling worse, especially as the price I paid (£219) for one night had been so overly inflated. Overall feeling - stung.

1  Thank Iain G

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and left feeling disappointed. I am very pleased to read that our team members handled the problem you had with your room quickly and efficiently but I’m sorry it even occurred. If you would like to discuss your stay further with me, please do not hesitate on contacting me at gm.cpglasgow@qmh-hotels.com quoting your name, room number and date of stay.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the purpose of seeing a concert at the Hydro so will be reviewing on that perspective. The hotel is only 10 minutes from city centre by taxi and costs £6. The location to the Hydro is perfect as it is right outside. Considering as we came out of the concert as soon as the house lights went up, the taxi queue was already over 150 long with hardly any taxis available. However, we didn't care as the hotel is only 2 minutes walk. For a 1 night convenience, the hotel has the following:- Good bar meals from 4 pm onwards for pre concert food and drink, full restaurant if you have a bit more time, comfortable rooms although in need of a bit of a freshen up, well equipped room with kettle and coffee, hair dryer, fridge, iron & board, big TV and usual cosmetics. Bar (and food) open until midnight for post concert drinks, huge & very good buffet breakfast (6 - 10 am) and on site parking. I would say ideal for 1 - 3 nights but not a holiday hotel.

3  Thank The-Travel-eater

Thank you for spending time on a review for us. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed everything you experienced with us and found that our hotel offered everything you needed for a break. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed overnight while attending an event at the Hydro.
Hotel room was good, a little cramped but clean and comfortable. Staff were excellent. Used the room service for a late supper and this was good too.
Breakfast was self-service with many dishes to choose from.
A pleasant relaxing stay.

1  Thank david_masson

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here for a Hydro Concert as it is very handy. Very pricey hotel for what you actually get, we paid £190 per couple B&B.Check in was very quick and the girl very attentive. Room size is OK but the views are great. Bed was very comfortable. A bit surprising that there is no safe in the room, and they actually want to charge you internet charges when you are paying £190 a night. Room is getting shabby(10th Floor)Paper starting to peel off the wall in bathroom.
Used the pool which is small but OK. Gym is straight off reception/hallway and a bit off putting as it is quite small.
Must admit bar staff were first rate as the bar was besieged when the concert finished and the staff did wonders.
Breakfast in the morning was pretty chaotic, there did not seem to be enough staff as when we arrived there was no fruit juice, Pastries or Bread and many tables left un-cleaned.
Food itself was ok. I am not into fry ups but found the continental selection was pretty poor with very limited choice.
It is a bit of a hotch potch as you go to one area for Toast/Bread/Pastries then another area for Juices then to the main server for hot food.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor as views are great