“Lovely Hotel in a great location”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #37 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked this as a birthday treat for my wife, when we checked in we as Priority members we got a free upgrade when the receptionist told me what the price was, I mentioned that it wasn't chargeable as it was booked with my points, she then insisted that it wasn't, to be honest I was less than pleased with her attitude. She gave me the pass key to the room and said that she would again check it out, I was only in the room a matter of minutes when I got a call from the desk, to be told that I was correct that it was a free stay pre-booked well in advance.....just as well I didn't wait for a sorry for the mix up as it never came. So apart from that we loved our stay room was fantastic and the view over the city stunning, loved the bar, but not the prices, loved the breakfast wide selection for every taste.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views across the city.
1  Thank JohnAlloa
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us. I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found everything to be satisfactory. I would like to extend my apologies for the incident when you checked in and although I’m happy it was sorted out, I’m sorry you didn’t receive an apology for the mix up. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dominic McVey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,449)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A very good standard of business hotel, good Location and good car park.

I stayed on the 16th floor and made use of the excellent facilities in the Club Lounge.

The meal in the evening was more than adequate and the breakfast was up to standard.

The room had everything that I needed, except....

Please Crowne Plaza group, get up to date and let's have free wifi in the hotel, especially if we've paid to upgrade...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bangkokram

Thank you for reviewing your business stay with our hotel. I am pleased to read that you were impressed with our hotel and found it to have everything you needed. Your comments concerning our WiFi have been noted and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very handy for the SECC. Friendly reception staff. Comfortable, well-equipped rooms. Nice food in the restaurant. Good Scottish breakfast but which also caters very well for vegetarians. All-in-all, a very pleasant overnight stay. I'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue J

I’m very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Two night stay booked online. We were allocated a twin room instead of double and advised by an unhelpful receptionist that the our room choice wasn't on notice from Booking.com and that the hotel was full. Said she 'would see about a room change' the next day but didn't. Room was quiet and clean but only one dressing gown and the air conditioning didn't work very well, was very noisy when on and although dial indicated that could cool to 10deg room didn't go below 20 so very warm at night and difficult to sleep. Breakfast - hot food generally unappetising and greasy with grey-looking scrambled eggs and very poor choice from cold buffet. Ordered room service which took 1 hr 10 mins to arrive and wasn't great as pasta over cooked. Pool quite cold and over chlorinated and could still smell on skin next day despite showering x2. Steam room very dark. Gym over crowded with equipment and none of the six people there at the same time as me cleaned the machines down after use and neither did the staff on duty. Prompt and well-ordered staff tresponse to fire alarm which was resolved in about 20 minutes. Given my experience I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay. Unfortunately rooms booked via a third party are on a ‘request’ basis and not guaranteed room types. Most of the time we can change a reservation at time of check-in but on this occasion the hotel was fully booked and we were unable to do so. I’ve passed on your comments regarding the Leisure Club to the Club Manager and also apologise that the air con did not appear to be functioning correctly in your room. A call to maintenance may have been able to sort that our for you at the time.

Chef and the Restaurant Manager have been informed about your room service order so that steps can be taken to rectify whatever caused the problem on that day. I’m sorry that you did not enjoy breakfast as we generally get great feedback about that however I have, again, passed on your comment to Chef. I was pleased to hear that you felt the fire evacuation was resolved in a prompt and efficient manner. Sorry you feel you wouldn’t stay again but please reconsider and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you would expect at Crowne Plaza Glasgow.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Used the hotel for a gig in the SECC, our room was very large and well appointed, all very clean, the king size beds were very comfortable. No need for coats as you can use the indoor link to the SECC. We had a bar meal and breakfast, all very nice. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Only drawback was the waiting time for the lifts (one was out of order during our stay).

Room Tip: Book early for the best prices.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing your time with us. I am very pleased that our close proximity to the SECC was a bonus for you and you enjoyed the convenience of us being connected. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We attended a concert at SECC and with it being located less than 20 yards from the venue it was ideal. I booked on laterooms at £69 B&B but the receptionist upgraded us to a better room. The room was well appointed and the bed was outstanding - a kingsize and very comfy with plenty of pillows. We ordered room service which was great.

The only slight moan would be the leisure suite which is a bit tired but does the job.

Room Tip: Facing the river.
2  Thank NAP6W

Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m happy your time was pleasant and everything was satisfactory. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed for one night with my sister as we were attending a concert at the SECC. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and our room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Added touches of chocolates on the bed and dressing gown were nice. Beds were very comfortable and room was nice and quiet. We had room service for dinner as they were only serving a reduced menu in the bar due to being busy so the room service menu offered more choice. Food was lovely pizza piping hot and fresh very tasty baked potato equally as good. Only slight let down was the cheesecake dessert which was obviously a generic frozen one which was tasteless that was literally defrosted put on plate and served with ice cream and biscuits, I would expect a hotel of this standard to be serving a home made one.
The leisure facilities were good as well used the gym which has good opening times although the equipment could do with an update as some was rather old and making strange noises.
Excellent that you can just walk through to SECC without leaving the building very handy and so quick. On the whole we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I’m always extremely happy to receive a review such as your own where our guests leave happy and relaxed, confident that they will return. I am pleased you enjoyed your time with us but your comments about dessert have been noted for further discussion. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.