“such a lovely hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Ranked #36 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed March 1, 2013

the hotel itself was pure bliss the rooms were clean and quite big for a hotel it was modern and had it's own shops. the food was lovely especially the buffet breakfast, there was plenty of choice. they had a fantastic spa and fitness centre with a small yet relaxing pool with jacuzzi. it was a great location we were close to famous attractions such as Glasgow's concert hall. it was a great holiday!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexandra b
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I’m extremely pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be perfect for your time with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities and I hope to welcome you back again soon for another chance to relax.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

i cannot believe how down hill this hotel has gone, the room was nice and clean but thats where it ends, we arrived at the hotel at 15.30, checked in no problem but was surprised to get a knock on the door from 2 men wanting to clean the air conditioning fan in the ceiling! i think they could have done that between check out and check in times, not after guests have arrived, so we sat for 10 minutes in the room until they "cleaned" it, and left all the fluff and stew on the carpet, we then went down to the restaurant for supper which was terrible. after getting back to the room and going to bed we were woke up with what sounded like someone taking a stick over a radiator but realised it was the air conditioning, the noise went on and off all night. just to finish it off we went down for breakfast, which also was terrible, and my fork was bent so much, i couldnt believe that anyone would place that on a table at home never mind a hotel which used to have such high standards.and there was a young teenage girl having breakfast with her pyjamas on, running around the breakfast area, in her bare feet stealing all the small tubs and pkts and putting them in her mothers bag! surely there should be some kind of dress code! we stayed here as we had a concert and it is convenient for the secc, unfortunately we have booked again for another concert next month and i did ask at reception if i could cancel, as we did not enjoy our stay on this occasion, to which she replied ok thank you madame but it is non refundable, she has yet to ask why our stay was not pleasant. so we will have to stay again, but im afraid after that we will no longer use this hotel, which is a shame as it was such a nice hotel before. very disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank loop420
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am so sorry that our maintenance team interrupted you shortly after check-in and there is certainly no excuse for them not to have cleaned up. We do have a policy in place where routine maintenance tasks should not be carried out when guests are in the room and this message has been reiterated to all team members.

Regarding your comments about the food at dinner and breakfast, as you have not been specific about what you found wrong, it is difficult to respond however I have asked our chef and restaurant manager to ensure standards are always adhered to. You are quite right that diners at breakfast should be appropriately dressed and I have brought this to the attention of our restaurant team to ensure this type of situation is not repeated.

I note that you are planning to return to the hotel later this month and if you let me know when you are coming, I will ensure you receive the standards that one has come to expect at the Crowne Plaza.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Accommodation fine but advise eating elsewhere. Food poor quality and service awful in restaurant. Waited over 30 minutes for a piece of chicken and dried up potatoes and this when restaurant very quiet. Receptionists efficient but rather abrupt, other staff very pleasant.

2  Thank HeRe_11
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I am very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your meal in our restaurant and found it not to the standard our food should be at. Your comments have been noted and I will be sure to discuss this with our restaurant team. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a great lace to stay!! Customer service, food, entertainment.', leisure services! The works! Can't go wrong!

Were even lovely when I had to request soya milk and returned a meal being lactose intolerant! Ace staff!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Karla M

Thank you for leaving a review on our hotel. I’m very pleased that everything was great and our team members handled everything during your stay well. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for a 5 day visit to Glasgow in February with my family (2 young children). I would say this is more of a conference/business hotel. It has a link directly to the SECC (conference centre) which is very convenient for people attending conferences there. My children really enjoyed the buffet breakfast and swimming pool, and it was conveniently located near the Science Centre but apart from this, it wasn't particularly child friendly in terms of activities for children etc. Nevertheless, still a very good hotel and it suited our purposes (we always need a hotel with a pool). Also good for those wanting somewhere away from the busy city centre.
I have marked it slightly down for 'cleanliness' as there were several large wet patches of white powder on our carpet for several days which noone seemed too concerned about.

1  Thank Ali3888

I am very pleased to read that you and your young family enjoyed our hotel, especially our pool – I hope it helped wear them out for you! Our hotel does have more of a business feel to it but we cater very well for families.

I’m sorry your room was not as clean as we’d like it to be – should this happen again please don’t hesitate in contacting front desk to arrange for someone to come clean it. I hope to welcome you all back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The more I thought about writing this review, the more I cant actually believe the price I paid for a tacky, outdated and overpriced hotel and why did I book it more than a year in advance.......because its directly linked to the SECC and that is the only positive thing I have to say.

I should have known better that for a hotel of this size, its bound to be tired and overworked like a donkey but jeewizz the rooms really arent that great to comand the amount of money the are charging.

We made the poor decision to dine in the restaurant before our concert and it was like school dinners..... just really rank buffet food with no thought or imigination. I felt quite offended after dinner that they could serve so much rubbish, not to mention having to pay nearly £70 for the two of us. We would have had better food at one of the outlets in the SECC.

We paid the price for convenience and it wasnt worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Littlemurf

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your meal in the restaurant prior to attending a concert at the SECC. Since your stay in September of last year, we have reviewed our menus and several changes have been made. Our ground floor areas were refurbished in the Autumn of 2011 and I am sorry to that you thought the hotel was tacky and outdated. You may be interested to learn that further refurbishment is planned to take place later this year. I do hope you will visit us again to witness the improvements made.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert at the SECC just myself and my son. We've stayed here before and knew we'd be back as i love this place. The staff are always friendly and helpful, check in is quick and you can get into the SECC via a walkway connected to the hotel so it was perfect. The room was spotless (14th floor) and the view is as always beautiful especially at night. Very comfortable and spacious. The restaurant is excellent and i especially liked the breakfast as it is a buffet style layout and you can just choose whatever you want. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere makes it such an enjoyable experience and it's one place i have no doubt we will be returning to.

3  Thank Fiona H

I am very pleased to receive reviews such as yours as it shows our hard work does not go unnoticed. I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will return in the future.