We stayed here on the 9th Feb 2008 and I have to say I was really dissappointed with the Club Room. I booked this for my husbands birthday and after having stayed in a standard room previously as it was a special occasion I decided to book a club room, which in the in room literature it decribes it as being a more comfortable room with snacks and access to the club lounge.
The room we stayed in was exactly the same as a standard room with the only difference being a flat screen TV, I don't know about you but for me that doesn't make the room more comfortable!!! Apart from feeling a little ripped off with the the fact we didn't get this more comfortable room, the rooms are nice, could be finished a little better we had wallpaper peeling off beside the bed and above the main mirror in the room.
Then there was the problem with the Club Lounge!!! This hotel has 2 floors of club rooms the 15th and the 16th, the club lounge is on the 15th floor with only 4 tables, yes 4 tables. We tried to get into the lounge about 6pm on the Saturday night however as you can imagine with only 4 table is was full, we then asked if we could take a drink back to our room only to be told that you can't take drinks out of the lounge. For me one of the main points of booking a club room was so we could go somewhere quiet for a drink before going out for our meal however this was far from the case not only was it full it was also full of children running around and screaming at each other!!! We did try again at 7pm and it was still full and then again at around 7.30 when we eventually got in. I did complain to the hotel on both counts and was told that all rooms are of the same standard (strange when the literature suggests a different thing and the reason for the lounge being so busy was they has a 200 people dinner dance on and the hotel was busy - I suggest this is not my problem if the hotel offers this service then it should be large enough to cope with at least 50% of guests using it as any one time the did refund half of the upgrade cost however by that point it had already wasted our stay.)
The location of the hotel is really good for the SECC and doesn't cost much in a taxi to get into the city centre - however after my last stay I won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crowne Plaza Glasgow. A modern and stylish hotel overlooking the River Clyde, with a covered walkway to the Scottish Exhibition & Conference Centre (SECC), Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an excellent choice for the business and leisure traveller. With 283 air conditioned contemporary bedrooms and suites, all fully equipped with Smart televisions, trouser press, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, tea/coffee making facilities and wireless internet access. The spacious Club Rooms boast Kingsized beds with stunning river views, Smart TVs and exclusive access to our Club Lounge, with complimentary refreshments to relax or hold informal meetings. The Leisure Club includes an indoor pool, equipped gym, sauna, spa and steam room. Alternatively, treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment in Isis, our in-house Beauty Salon. There are 15 conference/functions suites, including a dedicated boardroom with plasma screen, to accommodate all types of events. Crowne Plaza Glasgow is located directly opposite the Glasgow Science Centre, the BBC and STV Headquarters and the nearby Transport Museum and Tall Ship visitor attraction. Easy access to shopping areas such as Braehead, Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch and Argyle Street make this a great leisure destination. The hotel is non-smoking throughout. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Glasgow Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Glasgow Scotland