“3 Night Stay for Conference at SECC - Perfect - Great Staff”

Mercure Glasgow City Hotel
Ranked #70 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Broadbridge Heath, United Kingdom
“3 Night Stay for Conference at SECC - Perfect - Great Staff”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Recently stayed here for a 3 night stay while exhibiting at the the SECC.
This place is made by the very friendly staff - 2 mentions deserved - The Housekeeping Manager (sorry forget her name - maybe Lorraine) was duty manager on our first afternoon - very friendly and good fun, plus very helpful with directions (hope you got the foot cream I left for you?). Chris on reception - he was working the same shift and was also very friendly and easy to chat to.

Hotel is a Good location for the SECC - £6 in a Taxi.

Bedrooms - Fairly small but very clean and all I required.

Breakfast - Good, lots of choice and very cheery staff.

I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, I hope you will indeed return to stay with us again in the future.
I shall pass on your thanks to Laraine and Chris, they certainly are an asset to our team.

Thanks again

Monica Docherty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bexhill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

booked the hotel as great location in the city although the location plans didn't show very well where the parking is. Its accessed via Glassford st and Wilson st if you are in a car or if on motorcycle you can get to it via Virginia place. they have relatively secure parking for both but we were put in a different area away from the cars and closer to the hotel which was great. The staff were always very helpful but we couldn't have asked for more that when we went to leave found that my rear tyre was flat and looked after my partner and our luggage while I went of with the AA to get the tyre sorted.
Eating out we found that there was a good selection of restaurants a short walk away in Merchant Square off Candleriggs and all indoors with an outdoors feel to it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and had time to explore the local surrounding area. I am sorry to hear about your flat tyre, I trust you managed to get this sorted out quickly.

I hope that you will decide to stay with us again in the future should you be in the area.

Many thanks and regards

Argyll and Bute
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here with my husband in May as we were going to the Arches.
Very central location, close to shops and clubs etc.
Room was a bit small but for us was perfect. Staff were lovely and the breakfast was out of this world! So much choice aswell as a menu you can order things like eggs benedict and kippers from. We enjoyed our stay very much and will stay again one day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review and feedback about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback

I really hope that we will have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I had a lovely honeymoon at the mercure hotel. Perfect location. perfect for shopping and sightseeing. Excellent room service, food and staff. Would definitely go again. The Room was very clean. Loved the Toiletries. The food was outstanding. Very healthy options.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments.

I am very pleased that you were able to celebrate your honeymoon with us and that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future.

Thanks again

Scottish Highlands
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here for two nights to attend a conference. I found it to be very central and a short walk from Queen st railway stn. I had a comfortable room with everything I needed. The conference/ mtg
went well and the food and beverages as part of it were very good and all served timeously. I would recommend it for a short stay or if you were organising a conference.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Monica D, General Manager at Mercure Glasgow City Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and feedback.

I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything went well with your meeting.

I would be delighted to hear from you should you be returning to the area again in the future.

Yours sincerely

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Got a good deal for 3 nights - £130. Great location for shopping, bars and restaurants. Parking behind the hotel at £6 per day - great for the area. Double room was very small - little room to move around the bed. Third floor close to the lift - not ideal for corridor noise. Hotel seemed to have gone overboard with the heating - 3 very uncomfortable overheated nights sleep.... or lack of it! Tried opening the very stiff windows but as the room overlooked Ingram St the street noise put pay to that!. Bathroom was great - plenty of towels and lashings of hot water. A mixed review then.....the choice is yours!

Room Tip: Would try for room at the back of the hotel and away from the lift!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeonsD
Many thanks for your review and feedback regarding your stay with us.

The hotel is of older design and as such the room sizes can vary. The heating operates on a timer and when activated, it is possible to control the heat from the radiator using the thermostat control. We can provide fans where necessary.

We are currently undertaking a project which will see all bedroom doors replaced and improved fitting and closure systems. Hopefully this will help to reduce noise emanating from the corridor.

I do hope that you will decide to return to the hotel should you be in the area in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel is in an excellent location for Queen Street and Argyle Street train stations. Yes the room was small but so was the price. Got a double room for £43 instead of the normal £60 odds. We also decided to add on breakfast once we got there as it was only £7.50 each if you booked it before the next day (normally £13.95 each I think). It was your typical buffet style with items from a fry up, cereal, yoghurt, fruit and different juices, tea and coffee. We also could have had some fish items or eggs benedict if we had wanted to. The hotel also gave us a voucher to get a free drink with a 2 course dinner in their restaurant which was nice, but we already had plans to eat out. The bed was really comfy and the ensuite was spotless.The hairdryer was really powerful - (always a delightful surprise) and the shower was hot and also quite powerful so quite pleased with that. No toothpaste in the bathroom (there were shampoo and shower gel) so I went to reception and they gave me some no fuss (comes with a toothbrush in case any of you forget yours). The staff were all really friendly and helpful. Overall I was quite satisfied with my stay. Tasty brekkie, comfy bed, immaculate bathroom. What more do you need for a quick stopover? Would happily stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything you needed.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.