“Great visit.”

Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Millport, United Kingdom
“Great visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at the Argyll Hotel in a single room and I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel as well as by the bedroom, it was much better than most singles I have stayed in and really very clean. The staff are really friendly and the breakfast was great, all in all a really great visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank alex d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed at the hotel from 31st Jan 14 till 2nd Feb 14 with friends as we were attending an event at The Hydro the breakfasts were fantastic and the staff all very helpful expecially Lyle in reception on Saturday night, Linda who looked after us at breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday morning and Laurie( in The Sutherland Resturant which is part of the hotel) for looking after us on the Friday night and Saturday night for Dinner. thanks

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mary F
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Thank you to all the friendly & courteous staff at The Argyll Hotel. You all made us feel so welcome. We, as a group of 5 long time friends, some of who were meeting up for the first time, and were getting together to go to the Strictly Come Dancing live tour at the Secc Hydro. We reserved a family room, which was so very comfortable, spacious and clean, enabling us to be together to enjoy each others company, sharing in the excitement of going to see our favourite show live. We booked for bed and breakfast, but on finding how fabulous the breakfasts were, we decided not to venture out in search of somewhere else to eat in the evenings, because of the quality of food, which was excellent value for money, so why go elsewhere when we had the best right there, at this marvellous friendly and comfortable hotel. Many thanks to everyone for making this very special occasion even better by staying at your hotel. I can personally recommend this fabulous hotel to anyone wishing to visit Glasgow. The location is convenient to many historical attractions and the city centre, all well worth seeing. Glasgow, we will be back and would only ever book into the Argyll Hotel. One last mention, is to the duty manager, on the night of 1st February, who worked tirelessly to get a taxi to us, when we were stranded for over 3 hours on the Saturday night, when Glasgow went crazy crazy in letting their hair down after the January abstinence, and it seemed as though the whole world was needing a taxi that night. This is not a normal happening, but it happened on the night we went to see the Strictly tour. Two of our friends suffered with rheumatoid arthritis and were unable to walk back to the hotel in the pouring rain in extremely cold conditions. But The Argyll Hotel managed to rescue us and welcome us back to the warm and friendly hotel. We, as a group of five ladies, thank each and everyone of the staff for a very enjoyable stay and will definitely be booking again for our next trip to Glasgow.

Room Tip: family room sleeping 5 people, large, warm & comfortable and no traffic noise to contend with ei...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank minxyjanet
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I recently visited Glasgow specifically for the Jack Vettriano exhibition. The Argyll was perfectly placed for the Kelvingrove museum and art gallery where the event took place. (I understand Commonwealth games events will be close to the hotel too!). Perfectly placed for restaurants and bars in the West End.

The rooms were a little dark and could do with a freshen up - but they were spotlessly clean and we had a great nights sleep even having a room at the front of the hotel next to the road. It was actually nice to come to a hotel with some character - I do get bored with hotels that are boxes that could be anywhere in the world. The clan and tartan themes to each room gave the hotel some individuality, as did the ironwork bannisters.

We only ate breakfast here, but it was plentiful and the waitresses were charming and so helpful.
All in all good value for a city hotel in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I just returned to the US after spending seven days in Glasgow. The Argyll Hotel was my home for the entire visit. I arrived VERY early in the morning, and the staff was more than willing to store my luggage until check-in time, and in fact they said they would have my room ready early since they knew I'd been flying all night and might want to take a nap. The hotel is located on Sauchiehall Street, and is quaint, lovely and thoroughly Scottish. Each room features a different Scottish tartan. My room was decorated with the Scottish National tartan (lots of green and red). As a woman travelling alone, my safety and security were a concern, but I never once felt a concern at The Argyll. There was always staff manning the reception desk, and my room had good locks. My room was on the second floor, facing Sauchiehall St. It's a busy street, but I didn't notice any extra irritation caused by busses or cars going up and down the street. The Argyll offers a FULL breakfast every morning - eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, cereal, fruit, juices and more!! Linda, the waitress who was on duty every day I was there, was so nice, friendly and helpful. She made it her duty to make sure all of my needs were met, and my stomach was full went I left each day for sightseeing. I met wonderful Glaswegians at The Snaffle Bit, next door. They immediately welcomed me. Their haggis and cheese panini was delicious. I would NOT hesitate to recommend the Argyll Hotel to anyone going to Glasgow. It's a very short walk to the Kelvingrove Museum, the University of Glasgow, the Hunterian Museum, and the Botanical Gardens. And the Glasgow City Bus tour stops just a few steps from The Argyll. The bus tour is cheap and an EXCELLENT way to get an overview of Glasgow in a 1 hr. 45 min. narrated tour.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Shannon L
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Thanks again guys for a lovely stay, 2 nights in a really nice room. Tasty breakfast. Have stayed several times before and will definitely be back. Only one point, the lane to the car park needs some! Attention. We clattered the front of our car in a very deep puddle!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BedandBreakfast90
Tayport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is a nice hotel however I think we were given the smallest room in the place, you could not swing a cat talk about compact & bijou, although it was small in was very clean and did the job. Breakfast was good

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple