“Two night stay.”

Ranked #55 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Two night stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Second visit here still pretty good. Plus points: Good coffee. Coffee at breakfast from machine but very good machine, Latte, expresso etc etc. Nice wee bar, some bars you just want to sit on the stool and have a pint; this is that sort of welcoming bar. Good breakfast, unlimited everything and hot and tasty with the exceptions of the hash-browns and two quickly, undercooked (the staff forgot to tell the chef) poached eggs. Excellent sleep so I assume the beds are quality items. Parking plentiful and free in Glasgow's west-end. Minus points: couldn't get a paper from reception just given a flat NO, no sorry, or the papers are delivered later, nothing. Strange because following morning saw a rack full of papers near the bar. Some very good staff but Sunday afternoon staff determined to laugh and joke loudly in front of customers really annoying; unprofessional. Girl behind bar on Saturday night from Barra I think, absolutely first class, walked about 100 miles per hour, got things done. Hope I've not been too harsh, would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel looks nothing special from the outside but the staff are fantastic and the rooms are clean and fresh. We were going to a wedding reception nearby and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff make you feel so welcome and nothing is a problem, very impressed with the customer service. Great if you need to be near the Western Infirmary or you want to explore the West End of Glasgow

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Annie2202
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here recently and as soon as we entered the room we noticed marks on the walls and paint on chairs, the bedside tables and desk were covered in dust obviously hadn't been done in a while, I entered the bathroom ant the bath was filthy there was a sticky brown substance on the bottom of the bath, I rang reception for an iron and it took over an hour and a half and another phone call for it to arrive. Some days the towels weren't replaced even though we placed them in the bath as requested, the bed sheets also weren't replaced for a few days I know this because I spilt a drink on them and it stained, me and my girlfriend went for a meal in the hotels restaurant and we were placed in the furthest corner as there was a party of 15 in, we ordered our food and a bottle of wine, the wine took ten minutes to arrive and it was another 10 until the good came, none of the staff said anything when they brought the foo they just put it on the table and left, we were left with the dirty plates for a while before they were taken away, the only thing that arrived to the table quickly was the bill witch took less than a minute, won't stay here again, hope this help you

• Stayed August 2013
JoeGallacher, General Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Allan22h

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Glasgow Pond Hotel. I am sorry to read that, on this occasion, your experience didn’t live up to your expectations.

We welcome all feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve our service training standards, we take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, I would like to assure you that the problems that you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards and I will be sure to address all points that you have raised with my team. It is important that we understand where we got it wrong, so please contact me directly at manager@pondhotel.com as I would welcome any further insight into your stay.

Regards

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Tadcaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very good food in the restaurant in the evening and for breakfast with attentive staff. My room was a bit tiered and stale, desperately needed freshening up. The bathroom was new, clean and fresh towels. I would say all in all its was reasonable value for money just sort that room out!

Room Tip: if you get a tatty room ask to change it!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed in room 426 for two nights over the bank holiday weekend. Check-in was a fast and friendly. The room and bathroom were clean and well presented. The king size bed initially seemed firm but was actually very comfortable. Free Wi-Fi internet access is available at request from the front desk where they print you a receipt with a username and password for 24 hours. The shower in the bathroom was really powerful. The room had a flat screen television but we didn't use it. The buffet breakfast, which is served up to 11am, was excellent. Sausages, bacon, hash browns, black pudding, mushrooms, beans, toast, croissants, pain o'chocolate, fruit salad, cereals, fruit juice, yoghurt, etc.

My girlfriend commented that the mirrors on the dressing table weren't very well positioned as they were aligned with the drawers on either end. The only other negative was the refuse collection which, with the window open, was annoyingly load at 6:30 am on a Sunday morning. We appreciate that's somewhat out of the hotel's control but felt it worth mentioning for the sake of someone who desires a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Might be worth asking for a room at the front of the hotel to avoid the noisy refuse collection at t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here recently and found the Hotel to be okay and comfortable for my needs, travelling on business. I ate in the restaurant one night and the young girl who served me was exceptional, think her name was Rebecca. Very courteous, attentive and always smiling, wish other waitressess were like her. Room was comfy as was the bed will come back as long as Rebecca serves me!!! :)

Colora
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My company booked this hotel because our usual hotel was sold out. I arrrived at about 7am. My reservation showed that I would be arriving at about 650am. However, the rooms are not made available until after 2pm and the hotel front desk staff acknowledged that they knew I was arriving early but the person who booked this should have been told check in time was 2pm. I spoke to someone from my company but could not confirm if they were told this. So with no transportation and no where to shower and change into something else. I made my way to the restaurant for some breakfast. There were no eggs, beans, tomatoes, or oat cereal, when I arrived, only one kind of toast, and greesy limp pancakes. After a bit of a wait the eggs and beans arrived then came the tomatoes. There were 2 coffee machines, one would not work, people were lined up to use the other one. The cappaccino was good. After breakfast, I waited in the lobby for my room. The lobby is divided into small sitting areas, dark furnishings and a cozy atmosphere. There was one plug for my computer and I made use of it. Internet was good. I had to wait 3 hours and 48 minutes for my room, I was lucky the front desk manager put a request in for a room as soon as one became available. The room was a corner unit facing the front of the hotel and a noisey road, centrally located over a bar with live, loud music and people talking until what was supposed to be 11pm but actually lasted closer to 1am. During the day the view of the pond was very peaceful. The room lacked air conditioning or a window that opened adequately to get a good breeze. One would think that if you don't provide A/C you would at least allow the windows to open enough to let some air in. There was the usual quilt on the bed, too hot, and no light blanket. So I pulled the quilt out of the duvet and slept under the duvet. The room was very small and the bathroom was laid out poorly with the sink next to the tub and the counter for your toiletries over the toilet. A bit of mold in the bath tub around the handles and in the grout. The room was otherwise clean. Hair dryer, and coffee pot in room. You have to call for an iron. Mine arrived with black stains that came off when the iron got hot. I did a test run on their towel not my white shirt. I have been down that road before and ruined my shirts in the past. The room has penty of electrical plugs which is nice and the wifi was good. There is a table, desk and 2 chairs. The tv is modern flat screen but the channels were very limited. No financial channel and only one news station. The bed was two singles pushed together, one sat higher then the other and the seam where they were joined was lumpy. The hotel is close to a gas station, mini market and the hospital, and it overlooks a small pond. I had dinner at the hotel and the service was poor. I sat a very long time between ordering the salad and its arrival, approximately 40 minutes During this time 4 people asked me if I ordered. But once the salad came no one checked to see if it was prepared properly, it I needed anything else or if I wanted a refresh on my drink. Neither did they drop the check off, I finally gave up and went to the cashier and had them ring me up. The salad was a different take on the classic cesar, it had a sweet citrus flavor to it and had bacon strips in it. I was unable to get ice tea and settled for hot tea. Someone please show restaurants from Glasgow to Bejing how to make fresh ice tea. Overall it is not a bad place, but I am glad I don't have to stay for a long visit. The room price seemed a bit high, but the city was sold out due to special events so it was probably reasonable for the time.

Room Tip: Th corner room facing the busy street has a nice view of the pond but be prepared for the noise in t...