“Great place to stay”

Glasgow Pond Hotel
Ranked #53 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at the pond hotel with my friends for the weekend, I couldnt find fault if i tried. Doesn't look much from outside, but pleasantly surprised from the moment we arrived. Staff were great and managed to check us in early. We had food and drinks in the bar, food was lovely, rooms were clean and modern and just what we needed for our weekend, definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Louclar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Castelnaudary, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located. Very comfortable accommodation. The staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful, The breakfast was all anyone could wish for and we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kay S
queensland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We got this hotel room at a very good rate so I guess we were happy enough, BUT if I had paid the normal rate I would be very unhappy with my stay, I would only stay here again if I got an excellent rate.

The good points

Room is cosy, furnished nicely, safe, hair dryer, large TV, shower is good, free parking

The bad points

Staff, especially the young girl who checked us in on the night of the 15th October. First impression of this hotel is a surly young girl who could not care less about the customer. She did not smile or greet us on arrival, she did not answer me when I said hello, how are you, she put a registration sheet in front of me to sign and that was it. On check out the man did not even look up from the phone when we left, he took our key, checked that we did not owe anything and said Ok, all set.

Cleaning staff - Did not make our bed properly, just pulled up the doona, so when we went to bed the next night the sheet had come out from bottom of mattress and our feet were on the mattress as the sheet was half way up the bed. The sheets did not fit mattress properly. We were not left soap on day 2 or 3, I had to go downstairs on day 3 and ask for more soap. The shampoo and bath gel small bottles must be refilled from larger bottles as on day two I could see that they had been refilled as it had spilled over to the outside of bottle and was all sticky and looked horrible. The room was terribly warm and we could not change the temperature at all, there was no control in the room to do this.
There was supposed to be wifi in all rooms and we need wifi to conduct our business. We had wifi intermittently, maybe for 15 minutes and then nothing cor an hour or two hours at a time. Rezlly annoying, we rang downstairs a few times and their solution was to come down to the lobby and use it down there. It is a real pain to use their wifi also, every day we had to get a new code and sign in again and half the time it did not work. Our key was not coded to use for 3 days, so on the last 2 days we had to go downstairs and get the key recoded to get into our room. I thought the staff were unprofessional and quite rude and uncaring.
The walls are paper thin, we could hear everything going on in other rooms and in the hall way.

Room Tip: I would not pay the normal rate for this hotel and if you NEED wifi I would think twice about stayin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank missyperu
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

hotel was nice enough but some of the staff were rude and not very helpful it was like we were in there way we would not be staying here again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank dougbell
JoeGallacher, General Manager at Glasgow Pond Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Good Afternoon Dougbell,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to to contact me following your recent stay at the Glasgow Pond Hotel.

Naturally I was dissapointed on reading your comments, as this is not our usual standard of customer service and it is only with feedback such as yours we can maintain and improve our quality of service.

I would welcome a little more detail to your feedback as it is difficult for us to identify the shortcomings described in your review, therefore please contact me direct on 0141-334-8161.

Kind regards
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I like going to the theatre -King's Theatre in Glasgow is my favourite, and is very handy for me as I work in the Beatson, so makes sense to stay there rather than get train home and get in late with an early start. I usually have v light breakfast, I get toast at work and an hour lie in!!! Dinner is very nice so is the beer and staff. Lost count of the times I've stayed there.

• Stayed August 2012
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Clean and comfortable with pleasant and polite staff. Rooms basic flat screen tv, kettle and chair, basic bathroom. Noticed you could upgrade for £20 which included a bottle of wine so might be worth a punt.Good for over night business stay would not be so sure for week end break.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Laticstraveller
perth scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend break. Great free parking, and no need to use the car for going into the city as there are buses every 10 minutes from near to the hotel. Staff welcome was very good, room clean and very bright. Did not have breakfast on first night, but decided to have it (£10.00) on our second day. You have to ask if you would like fried eggs otherwise it is scambled eggs from a good buffet, but unfortunately the bacon was like leather. I waited for a new batch to be brought through from the kitchen, and it was just as bad, it could easlily have been used to repair your shoes! All in all a good hotel for a weekend pleasure break, well worth it for its situation and value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple