“Avoid, don't be fooled..”
Review of One Ten Bar and Grill - CLOSED

One Ten Bar and Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lounge has been designed into flexible zones that work perfectly for drinks with the girls, a business meeting, pre-theatre dinner or post-shopping lunch. The menu concept means that foodies can feast from 6.30am until 10pm. In addition to a traditional a la carte menu, The Lounge features two contemporary dining options: an all-day self-serve selection and a grazing menu, both available from 11am to 10pm. The continental self-serve selection will offer an array of goodies from soup pots and bruschetta to spelt scones and artisan breads with unlimited tea and coffee. In the evening the talented kitchen team switches it up to create a stylish spread of antipasti, piccalilli pots and gourmet popcorn among other things. The grazing menu will include sweet and savoury sharing platters and boards with mouthwatering tasters like breaded monkfish cheek, arancini balls and charred bread with confit of garlic. The dessert sharing board is a Wonka delight with delicious chocolate fondue, tarte tatin, cookies and sponge - even strawberry jelly lollipops.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

As I was seated at the table I immediately noticed the stained upholstery that I was lead to sit on, it looked filthy which wasn't a great start to a romantic evening. My partner and I we're on a budget so we went for the 2 courses and bottle of wine for £29.99. I wasn't expecting the wine to be any good or the portions big, but I was expecting my meal to be decent as I am paying a professional chef to cook it for me. The wine was what I expected, that's fine, my main course Chicken breast stuffed with Haggis with roast potatoes. I was shocked to discover that my potatoes were deep fried not roasted! They were soggy and tasted only of oil. The chicken was pale with no skin which was almost tasteless. The dessert, ice cream, i chose this because I thought they couldn't mess this up. There was cross contamination of strawberry ice cream on the chocolate ice cream and the ice cream tasted mainly of ice, not 'luxury' as they describe it on the menu. The staff never addressed the issues we had with the manager, even though I said that the manager should know. Then i saw the manager was walking around with a lollipop in her mouth and eating while walking around the restaurant too. The staff took a long time to clear our plates and never asked how we were doing. We were the only table in the whole place. The staff were sat at a table but we were ignored and neglected. I will never take a chance on these places again. What a joke!

1  Thank Nagea R
There are newer reviews for One Ten Bar and Grill

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've just got back to my hotel after eating here and my experience was so bad that I had to write about it immediately while the memory was still fresh. Our dish was advertised as coming with roast potatoes and what we received were gluey and unseasoned deep fried potatoes. When we pointed this out to the waitress she seemed confused about our comments and proceeded to inform us of the chefs special dessert. On her return she told us that the cook was adamant the potatoes were roasted. If they were roasted then I'm a Dutchman! (I'm not.) I am, however, a chef and I've roasted potatoes before, so I don't appreciate being lied to by a corner-cutting cook. Our chicken was pale and insipid also, typical hotel production line garbage. Our dessert of ice cream had the tell-tale signs of being pre-scooped and sat in a freezer, the rock hard texture, and ice crystals that had formed on the outside were a dead giveaway. I'm putting the terrible quality down to the fact that 3/4 of the dining room was full of a group of overseas visitors when we arrived and the food was probably leftover or spare from what this huge group had ordered. Mega disappointment.

The service, started off great but as soon as we commented on the spuds, we were ignored or treated as though we were volatile. We asked to have our comments passed on to a manager but the waitress just told us that she had mentioned it to the cook, as though it was good enough for only him to hear about it. When we'd eaten as much of the dessert as we felt was necessary, we sat with our plates in front of us for 20 minutes before anybody came to give us the bill. When we did get it, the waitress stunk of cigarette smoke. We also saw the manager waltzing around with a lollipop in her gob and a mouthful of food on two separate occasions.

All in all, a dinner to forget and I will be emailing the manager immediately.

Avoid this place if you know what's good for you and only eat here if your desperate for half-[--] scran at inflated prices with less than premium ingredients.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food was good, very high standard. It was busy when we arrived, but the noise was not an issue. Our separate courses were slow to come out, which was good - we didn't feel like we were being rushed out of the door.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a Saturday night with four friends. We were shown to a booth by a very nice young female. The booth was great and comfortable. The service was prompt to start with but as our evening wore on it wasn't the same. The restaurant was not very busy so unsure of why we had to wait and try to get someones attention to request something other than our meal. i.e. another bottle of wine, jug of water and condiments for the main meal. Apart from that however I could not fault the food which was excellent and very well presented. The portions were large also for a Pre Theatre menu. I booked the "couples deal" which includes a bottle of house wine with a two course meal, This costs just under £30 per couple which is great value for money as the two course Pre Theatre menu is actually £14.95 per person so you are getting a bottle of wine "free" and it was very nice wine too. My friends and I added a sweet each and a further two bottles of the house wine and our bill worked out at £28 per person which included a generous tip. We all agreed that this was great value for money and we had a lovely time.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend and I went here this evening and after waiting over an hour were stil awaiting our main. After enquiring as to when we might expect this to arrive we were advised the chef was making it but could give no time as to when might be with us. Another twenty minutes elapsed and still no main so we left. I should say we were the only two in the restaurant and it was only half five. The staff didn't seem to give a hoot that we had been waiting so long and no explanation or apology was given. Give it a wide berth better quicker cheaper places in town

1  Thank hungrytums