“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Black Sheep Bistro

Black Sheep Bistro
Ranked #7 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Normal food, good portions and fair prices. Owned and staffed by a family.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Not much else to be said!
Excellent staff (maybe even a little too friendly?!)
Excellent food (no really, seriously good)
Generous portions (and I'm a 6'6'' black hole!)
Great atmosphere and dining environment, although it was a bit too warm when we went, and it wasn't even summer time. Didn't notice much/any ventilation or air conditioning.
Ohh, did I forget to say the modest prices make it unreal value for money?!

1  Thank Dshortt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently went to the Black Sheep Bistro for a late lunch on a Sunday - purely on the strength of the reviews we had read on Trip Advisor - and I'm glad to say it was all we were hoping for and more.

I would agree it is not in the most convenient of locations, but the getting the subway to St George was easy, and it was literally a 2 minute stroll up Maryhill Road from there. Initially we were the only people in the restaurant, but it soon got fairly busy, but I must say the staff were fantastically friendly and accommodating, and made sure we were made to feel welcome.

We were warned on ordering the portions were large - and they did not disappoint !! However it must be said it was certainly not a case of quantity over quality - I had Cullen skink then the lamb, whilst my wife had scallops followed by Lasagne, and every single mouthful was a delight. The restaurant also had a good selection of drinks to help wash all of this down, and yes, we did even manage to persevere to the much lauded desert course, where we went for the 3 dish "taster" option - which was big enough to feed the two of us, so goodness knows what the full size portions would have been like !! Still, this final course was as delicious as the other two, and we both felt very full but very satisfied afterwards. The bill was very reasonable for what we had, and we had no qualms in promising our hosts we would return the next time we visited Glasgow ...

All in all this is probably the best meal we have ever had in Glasgow - and to be fair we have had many good meals here - so I can only urge people to jump on the Subway and seek this place out as you won't be disappointed. One tip - make sure you go hungry !!!!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Took advice from trip advisor reviewers and was not disappointed.
Cosy and quaint with a fab front of house making us feel very welcome.
Cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank Jen R
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a very well run restaurant with excellent food and a friendly and efficient staff. The place has a small cosy atmosphere and unpretentious. My wife and I had the lamb with mango and mustard, which was a treat and strawberry cheesecake to follow with a couple of bottles of Pinot Grigot. This was a tuesday night and the Bistro was full so make sure and book early. Yes highly recommendable. They also do outside catering.

2  Thank 18634Michael
Reviewed June 3, 2014

A huge big thank you to the Black Sheep, and to all the honest reviewers on a Trip Advisor. A fabulous little find, a gem. Seriously good good food, great staff - the location is rubbish, but that makes it all the more enjoyable, it's literally just off the Maryhill Road, and I can't recommend it highly enough. So thank you all at the Black Sheep, very very much for a lovely lunch with my aunt, and my sister who joined us for pudding. Great. The next time I'm in Glasgow, I'm absolutely coming back.

1  Thank Mslightfoot