“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Sheep Bistro

Black Sheep Bistro
Ranked #10 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Normal food, good portions and fair prices. Owned and staffed by a family.
“Wow!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First time I have dined here and it most definitely won't be the last. We booked to come before and due to the restaurant being flooded we had to reschedule but it was worth the wait. When they had to cancel our reservation they assured us they would make it up to us and they did. For a start when they had to cancel they were genuinely sorry and thought more of the inconvenience to us than the fact they had water pouring in from their ceiling and even then you knew the service would be personal and great.

Back to the food and the visit. It was my fiancé and I who went and the restaurant is small and cozy with an intimate feel. Decor is lovely too. For starters I had lentil soup with crusty bread - it was lovely. Perfectly seasoned and tasty. My fiancé had the prawn cocktail which was a massive portion and he said it tasted amazing!! For mains we had steak pie with mash, turnip and carrots sooooo tasty and again very generous portion and Ryan had mac and cheese with chips, neither of us could finish and we were of course saving room for the desserts which were out of this world and also huge. Dessert wise we had the shortcake strawberry stack and the puff candy meringue stack and they were immense. Worth a visit for them alone. I also tried their Rose wine which was lovely.

Overall it was a great visit, the staff were attentive without being in your face and remembered that they had previously cancelled us and agin apologised - staff were friendly and genuine. As a sorry for something completely out of their hands they gave us complimentary drinks which was a was a lovely surprise when the bill came. restaurant was spotless and toilets were very clean. For 3 courses we were £40. Great value.

I would 100% recommend this place to anyone looking for great tasting food, fabulous desserts and friendly staff. It was well worth the wait and we will definitely be back.

1 Thank ryanxash

“Friendly Family Run”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have eaten here a few times and revisited with a friend last week. The food has been consistently good but take care as the servings are huge and leave little room for pudding. I can assure you it is worth leaving room for pudding as the dessert, particularly the meringue ensemble is really nice. The waitress has a lovely natural style and it is nice to hear snippets of family life. Her mum is the good cook of the house. You can access the restaurant by subway but there is also street parking available.

“A Foodies Delight”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Family dinner Sat 23rd also coincided with a birthday celebration, Clair and her colleagues could not have offered a more professional service while being friendly and attentive. The meals were all served at the same time for such a large group this is often problematic so well done for having us all eat at the same time.

The tasty food was presented beautifully and served hot where applicable, while portions plentiful this was a plus point for us we all managed 3 courses as we were not rushed allowing us to enjoy the cosy informal atmosphere.

Can’t wait to return keep up the good work

“Lovely Family Meal”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Visit early on Saturday night for a family dinner. Food was lovely and the staff very friendly. I had the scallops with black pudding. They we're delicious and cooked perfectly. Everyone enjoyed there dinner apart from my youngest daughter who order the soup to start the waitress assumed that she would only manage half a portion which offended her as she had just came from doing three hours of dancing and was starving so just a small note maybe the friendly staff should ask what portion size is required and not assume. Make sure you leave room for dessert as they are simply to die for so peharps share your starter.

Glasgow
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a lovely belated Mothers day lunch as the week before was full. I had a reservation for 1pm and when we got there was told we didnt have a reservation even though I got a confirmation email from them. Thought that this was the start of bad things to come, thankfully I was wrong and luckily they were not busy so they could fit us in! My Mum and I decided to share a starter as we had heard from numerous friends that the portion size was ridiculously huge. We had the Leek and Gruyere tart to start while perusing the Desert menu across from us. For our main we went for the good old comfort food options of Macaroni Cheese 'n' chips and the Steak Pie. We werent disappointed and my Mum even went as far as to say it was the best steak Pie she has EVER had!!
Unfortunately our perusal of the Desert menu was a far as we went, the thought of stuffing anymore in was impossible which was a bit annoying. The portion size was a wee bit off-putting to be honest but we got our doggy bags and enjoyed the rest later on that night. This is the reason I give a 4 star as I just wish we could of enjoyed the wonderful deserts that were on offer. The table that came in after us looked at our plates and wished they never ordered the starters!! Get your portion sizes sorted so we can enjoy all the levels on your wonderful menu..