“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Normal food, good portions and fair prices. Owned and staffed by a family.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

First of all, book a table to avoid disappointment! At least ten people were turned away due to being fully booked, and this was during lunchtime!

Definitely try this place out. The people that run it are lovely! Although watch out for the portions as they are HUGE! No way could we manage a starter and a main. Wide selection of hearty yet imaginative dishes on offer. Usually only a couple of things take my fancy from any given menu but we were both spoiled for choice at the Sheep! Even the beer selection was great, they had a new Arran Ale called 'Fireside'... fantastic! Will go back again for sure.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my third visit to the Black Sheep bistro however the first time since joining trip advisor. The food can only be described as well cooked, comfort food. Not fine dining just honest cooking. I started with the scallops in a creamy sauce, perfectly cooked huge scallops - lovely!! My fiancé had the small version of haggis, neeps and tatties which he has ordered every time we go so it must be good! We, both ordered the macaroni cheese for the main course, something we have both been looking forward to since the last time he got it. Again this was very good. We shared a dessert of strawberry shortcake stack and it was delicious. This place is excellent value for money, the staff are very friendly and it's a place I will keep on visiting.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

What can I say, found this through Tripadvisor and unless you know about it you wouldn't find it. A word of advice, find it, you will not be disappointed.
Excellent, plain well cooked, presented and served food. Quality, service, value for money and ambience of restaurant second to none. Waitresses (2 of them) extremely competent, friendly and pleasant.

Can't say any course selection was better than the other. We had three courses (struggled with sweet, BUT had to at least share one) - trust me was worth feeling full for!!

Our first time visiting this hideaway gem off Maryhill Road, but we will be back. Thanks for the fabulous experience. Great to know quality and service like this still exists, and better still it's in Glasgow. Take a bow!!!

2  Thank Nancy551801
Reviewed November 6, 2012

no dislikes just good, brilliantly cooked and honest food.
Friendsly staff and such a great atmosphere. will definately be back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was working in Glasgow for the week and had read the excellent reports on the Black Sheep Bistro. I telephoned to book a table for 1 on the Tuesday, no tables available, however I was very pleased to be able to get a table on the Wednesday.

It was well worth the visit, excellent meal very reasonably priced and a lovely bottle of Orkney Ale, you could of course support their namesake the Black Sheep Brewery of Masham as their bottled ale was also available.

I am surprised to read a negative comment re the staff, both were very pleasant and knowledgeable