“Good home style cooking”
Review of Black Sheep Bistro

Black Sheep Bistro
Ranked #17 of 2,471 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Normal food, good portions and fair prices. Owned and staffed by a family.
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had lunch here today. When the waitress warns you that the haddock and chips is large, believe her because it's huge! Too big for me, to be honest. We got a friendly welcome though and everything was very clean and fresh. The menu is full of dishes that you would cook for yourself at home but this saves you bothering. Having said that, if I go out I really want something I wouldn't cook for myself. There are no pretences here and no surprises. I'm bewildered at this being rated in Trip Advisor as the No 1 restaurant in Glasgow - best upmarket caff possibly?

3  Thank fmck49
There are newer reviews for Black Sheep Bistro

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I visited this wee treasure last night. Amazing food and service. I was part of a large party and could find no fault. Menu was great and you could see a lot of hard work was put into every dish. Will be back.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My sister in law found this amazing restaurant tucked away in West End Glasgow. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Everything we had tasted fresh and was very flavorful. Among our dishes at the table, we had scallop and black pudding appetizer, red pepper soup, smoked salmon and potatoe scone, and for entrees, mac and cheese with garlic bread, haddock with pesto sauce, and chicken with haggis- all wonderful. And then there were the desserts- don't miss them- strawberry shortcake, cheesecake (not NY style, more of a creamy whipped cream texture), pecan banoffe cake. See the pictures! The decor is very cheery and homey. Lovely clean restroom. Highly recommended as you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Wemt as a group of twenty, great food, great service, staff bent over backwards to help us & made it a memorable night! Can't thank them enough, we're not the easiest/quietest crowd. Food was delicious!

Thanks again!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

10 of us went here for dinner on a Tuesday night & I was surprised to see the place fully booked (people were turned away!). The choice of food was much better than I was expecting & I was thoroughly impressed with my meal - I have never seen a piece of Haddock so big in my life! The quirky little touches such as the decor, bottles of different ales (black sheep ale & blonds to name but a few), really friendly staff & the amazing looking puddings (I was too full to sample one) make this place an absolute delight! Will definitely be back in the near future.

1  Thank glowworm27