“Faultless...”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #19 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

An outstanding restaurant offering well prepared and quality ingredients, excellent choreographed service with an attentive management style. Nothing more needs said, well above par...

1  Thank AyrshireBacon
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Thank you for the excellent feedback!

There are newer reviews for Cail Bruich

Reviewed June 5, 2014

After reading great reviews about this restaurant I booked the 3 course lunch menu (£19 including glass of house wine) through 5pm. Before ordering we were presented with complimentary canapés consisting haggis bon bons, haddock bon bons, olives and bread rolls filled with gruyere- delicious then we were given gazpacho accompanied by warm bread. Then onto the starters- I had the asparagus and broad bean soup with goats cheese my daughter had the sea bream - amazing. Main meals pork belly and beef both cooked to perfection- although I would have loved more of the smoked mash. Desserts brilliant -lime and blackberry posset and peanut butter chocolate and baked caramelised banana- yum yum!

Service was fantastic too and we booked then and there to go back- this time for the tasting menu. Can't wait.

1  Thank ElainePaul2013

Hello Elaine,

Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. More smoked mash for you next time around, I'll try to remember! Give me a nudge if I don't. And delighted you already booked in for the next visit. We'll be sure to try and deliver the same great experience when you come by.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Myself and my wife visited this restaurant for the first time last night after reading previous TA reviews. In summary the standard and presentation of food from start to finish was simply outstanding. We both had scallops to start and the special main course of iron steak ...simply stunning cooking and both steaks cooked to perfection how we had asked. Throughout both courses, the service provided from the staff was what you would expect in a restaurant of this standard, very attentive without being over intrusive, knew exactly when to top up wines glasses and perfect timing between courses. We were also served small "taster" courses on the house which were absolutely delicious. The food was not cheap but you simply dont mind paying for food which is top notch.

However ....... when I attempted to order the rhubarb souffle for dessert with the male "front of the house" he point blankly refused to accept my order stating that it took 15 - 20 minutes to cook which was too long as he required the table for other arriving customers. To be fair he did offer the other desserts as an alternative but told me the souffle was out of the question. I didnt wish any other desserts. Initially, I actually thought he was joking when he told me I couldnt have the souffle, but sadly I was mistaken as his whole manner and the way he spoke to myself and my wife was quite disturbing and shocking for an establishment of this high end standard. We made it plain we were not happy with his dismissive attitude and his shocking service, at which he point he turned and said " are you looking for something free". This just took the biscuit and we couldnt believe what we had just heard. We requested to speak with the manager / owner and explained the circumstances and more importantly the shocking service from his "front of house". It wasnt so much not having the souffle but the shocking attitude from this staff member. The owner came out the kitchen and was extremely understanding and agreed the whole situation could have been handled a lot better by this staff member than it had been and some things should definitely not have been said by him, after all we are his customers. It also has to be said that we could not fault the the other staff members. The owner in an attempt to rectify the situation agreed I could have the souffle and not only that my wife was served one also. Fabulous desserts .....with these we were served lovely dessert wine which complimented the souffle perfectly. All in all, great gestures from a very nice owner and for this reason I would definitely go back but surely things need to change at the "front of house" to hang onto loyal and valued customers if this is the general attitude of this person. It would have been "excellent" ratings across the board but it was sadly let down by this one staff member.
PS Upon leaving I made sure each staff member apart from the obvious one personally received my appreciation !

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for the feedback. I really appreciated it and also the fact that you have given us 5 stars when you could have given us a lower rated review. We pride ourselves in the high standard of service we provide & we care immensely about our customers experience but unfortunately the situation which arose was not dealt with correctly. I fully apologise for that. I hope it was enough and that you'll come back soon. I am confident that this will not be repeated and I have taken measures to feedback to all staff the correct way to handle such situations should they arise in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Truly scrumptious! I've eaten here many many times but wanted to take my friend who's never been and thought the amazing grazing deal would be a fantastic introduction for her. Food was faultless as ever, as was the service. Wonderful value for money with 3 courses and matching wines for £15!! This place is truly individual, it may not tick the typical boxes and for that reason it shines. Cail Bruich is not trying to be anything other than that which it is and for that I am thankful, so it would seem are the majority of reviewers :)

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Back again with another great review, thank you Dylo!

If we ever get something wrong you need to let us know then and there. I'd hate for you to leave disappointed. Thank you for bringing your friend and I hope we see you both back again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I visited Cail Bruich today for the first time - we opted for the 7 course tasting menu with matching wines which course after course was absolutely delicious! The wines were stunning and complimented each course perfectly. The staff were adorable. I would definitely recommend and will definitely be returning!

2  Thank Mialou81

Hello Mialou

Thank you both for coming by to try out the restaurant. I'm very pleased to read that you had a great experience. Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We'll keep doing what we do and you can be sure to expect a consistent experience upon your next visit.

Until next time,