“How to get 5 stars”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #19 of 2,473 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I wrote a review of this restaurant last year and the owner commented, what can we do to get 5 stars next time?

I am not sure what the answer was but they managed. Great atmosphere, very intimate for a Valentine's meal with Mrs F. Service was excellent, we had the taster menu and the waitress explained the numerous flavours and components of the dishes. The food was exceptional. We again tried the taster menu which I cannot recommend highly enough. The combination of flavours on the plates was superb. I had a mushroom risotto which was out of this world, salmon, scallop and duck cooked to perfection with wonderful accompaniments. I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hello Douglas,

Wow, great to hear that you came back and we managed to hit that 5 stars mark. I'm very happy that you both had a great experience and we will make sure we deliver a consistent experience next time you visit. I think if we aim for that it will answer my next question...how can we maintain it?!

Many thanks again

There are newer reviews for Cail Bruich

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Always a challenge to select a restaurant away from home - particularly as I can cook pretty well at home!!! We went for the tasting menu with wine - it was absolutely fab! Lots of creations that I would never venture at home! Loved it - service and ambience good too!

Hello there,

Thank you for leaving us a review on your recent visit to Cail Bruich. Was it a leisurly visit to Glasgow? I want to thank you for the wonderful feedback. And if you are back up our way anytime soon please feel free to come in again. And I hope we have inspired some new ideas for your own at home creations!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Seemingly Cail Bruich is Gaelic for "eat well" and that's something we have done in this excellent restaurant of several occasions over last couple of years.
We have dined here as a couple a few times and have always had superb service and food.
Today myself and my fiancée took our mothers here for a wee treat and they were both blown away by both the choice and quality of food.
We will certainly be back here soon and thanks again "Cail Bruich" for our latest memorable visit to this well established popular eaterie.

Thank you for taking the time to review us Iain. I really appreciate it. I'm very pleased we continued to live up to your expectations and even managed to live up to the mother test!

Rest assured it is always our pleasure and we'd be delighted to have you all back again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have just had a very relaxed, totally enjoyable and delicious Sunday lunch at Cail Bruich. I've always had a wee notion to try this restaurant on occasional forays in the West End. Today was the day. We hadn't booked and after a slight wee mutter n discussion when we arrived, we were accommodated and had a fabulous,varied and tasty meal accompanied by pleasant and attentive service. Good quality and value. Would definitely return. Just out of the ordinary to make it a special place to spend some time in.

Many thanks for the review Anne,

Glad that you went by your notion on this ocassion! I'm pleased you have an enjoyable first visit and I'd love to see you back again soon. We'd be dleighted to take you through some of our other menus and dishes to see what you'd like next time.

Until then take care

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Service, food, price all the very best (9/10, and I don't give 10). Possibly a little cool, but not cold. Will be re turning as soon as possible.

Hello Lynda,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Hoping to see you back soon and maybe we can aim for that 10/10!