“Fabulous restaurant”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #18 of 2,590 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The name Cail Bruich means eat well, and it definitely lives up to its name! It was wonderful.

The whole experience was absolutely brilliant; the staff, the food and the wines.

The food is locally sourced, in season, and has a Scottish air to it. The choice on the menu is very good, there should be something for every taste. Incredible flavours, perfectly cooked, beautifully presented on the plate. We all loved it. My 'Blairgowrie strawberries' were just divine!

A great wine menu, at very reasonable cost. We were celebrating, so had champagne, and the glasses were chilled (as you would like). Water glasses were refilled regularly, as required.
The staff were excellent; knowledgeable, attentive, friendly and charming. They made us very welcome, and paid great attention to detail.

The ambience is great. Busy, but cosy. I really liked the thistle on the table! All very appropriate.

We'd eaten at a two starred Michelin restaurant the night before (on our trip up to Scotland), but, in my opinion, Cail Bruich was definitely a better experience. If I lived in Glasgow, I'd be a regular customer! It was just lovely, and much better value for money!

Thank you to all the staff who made this such a great experience for us! Next time we're in Glasgow we'll come back.

1  Thank MandKitty
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hello MandKitty,

Thank you for the excellent feedback you have given us and for explaining our name too :)

Very pleased that you had a great time on your visit to Glasgow. It's great to hear we are getting things right and I do sincerely hope you return soon if you can.

Thanks again for the wonderful review, very detailed too.

Chris

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The food is sensational. It's like nothing I've ever tasted before. The menu left me wanting to negotiate with friends who would order what because I was so curious. The spelt risotto was divine: an amazing blend of special flavours. However, the highlight was dessert: a super soft soufflé, filled with special sauce and served with caramel-salted ice cream. I've never eaten anything like it in my life and may never again. If you want a taste adventure accompanied with lovely friendly service, head along to Cail Bruich. I tip generously when everything adds up to exceptional: Cail Bruich is exceptional.

1  Thank Bytheway2010
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hello there,

Many thanks for your custom and for the excellent feedback. It's very pleasing to read that somebody holds us in such high regard. We'll ensure we keep doing it right so that your second visit is just as good as the first. What could we have done to get 5 out of 5 by the way?

Until next time and thanks again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I started with the mackerel which was strongly flavored (as I like it) without being too fishy. My main was the chicken which was tasty but had enough salt to meet my yearly quota. For dessert I had the chocolate. The chocolate sponge cake was a bit weak but the pudding, nibs, cherries and sorbet are all excellent. All in all a solid meal.

The service was good but the price was outstanding, around 20 pounds for all the courses. Given the quality of the food that is an awesome value. So if you are going to the botanical gardens make sure to give this place a try.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello Evertg,

Many thanks for your review and comments. I apologise that there were some small things that weren't to your liking but with your feedback I can make sure this does not happen again.

As you can see from our other reviews we hold a consistently high standard and when you return to the restaurant I would dare say we'll get it right & tick all the boxes for you.

Until then please take care,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

As always, dinner last night at Cail Bruich was fabulous. The food never disappoints - the smoked pigeon breast with pickled veg was a revelation .... and the Valrhona chocolate dessert was truly fantastic. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and attentive without being intrusive, the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. The little extra touches - canapés, an amuse bouche and hand-made petits fours with coffee - make this my most favourite place to eat, ever.

1  Thank Asterias1807
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello Asterias

Very thankful for your review and glad to read you are a regular customer. I'm also pleased to read that you've never been disappointed. If we ever do then please let us know before you leave as we would never like our customers to have a less than great experience. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a fantastic review.

Let me know when you're coming in next...

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I came here for a Christmas night out with work last year and had a great experience. Paul and his small team of staff were incredibly attentive to our table of 20 or so - I don't think I was without a drink in my hand at any point! The ordering and service of food was fast and efficient and the foot itself absolutely delicious. If you're used to your traditional pub grub, and/or large portions, (like me, you phillistine you!), the food will seem small and delicate, but don't be fooled! It's actually just the perfect amount. Great flavours and presentation, and definitely recommended.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hello Daisy,

Thanks for coming back to leave us a review, most people wouldn't have bothered seven months later.

Glad you had a good time and I'll pass the feedback to Paul also. I hope you've been back since and if not maybe we'll see you soon!