“Great food & great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #9 of 2,386 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great food & great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited Cail Bruich recently. As soon as we entered we were shown to our seat. The deal we booked included a complimentary glass of Prosecco which we were offered as soon as we sat down. We were also given complimentary bread & olives and an amuse bouche which we were not expecting. Every member of staff we encountered was very pleasant & attentive. Exactly what you want for a great dining experience. Cail Bruich clearly take pride not only in delivering excellent food but excellent customer service also. It is a little pricey but well worth it.

Hello Lainey,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I really appreciate it.

I'm pleased that you found our food and service to be excellent. I'll make sure the guys receive this feedback. We do take pride in what we do and enjoy serving our customers. Thank you for highlighting this.

I hope we see you again soon. Please let us know if we can recommend anything for you!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Just back from an Itison deal for our anniversary, a 4 course tasting menu with accompanying wine. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome, the maitre d'/waiter being very efficient and friendly without being overbearing despite the restaurant being quiet. But it's all about the food and you expect with a tasting menu to enjoy the taste and feel a bit hungry come the end. Not the case here. This place has a plethora of awards but why it's not Michelin starred rating is hard to understand. The appetiser of Blue Cheese Royale with apple and walnut was superb. Moving onto the 4 courses the creamy Parmesan with pea and watercress was tremendous. The fish course was filling with a sizeable lump of pooched cod with a creamy curried mussel sauce which was wonderful. A main course of lamb rump, charred lettuce with pea and lamb sauce was faultless and perhaps the best course of the lot. We opted for an extra cheese board course after this which is well worth the extra cost, and the port to go alongside was perfect!! If the main course was the best the dessert was a close second. For a pair that don't order or particularly enjoy a pudding the salted caramel ice cream with caramel soufflé was superb, the ice cream in particular hitting the spot. I already asked why this place hasn't been rated by Michelin but I'm sure that's not far away and it's only a matter of time before its #1 Glasgow restaurant on here. We will back be back for sure without a voucher and a special mention must go to the maitre d'/waiter, a credit to the restaurant. Perhaps the only fault was the loud, crass expletives coming from the downstairs kitchen area so easily heard from the adjacent toilet. I'm all for industrial language, it happens, but for a place so rewarded and deserving of more there is no place for the sour taste this left from an otherwise faultless experience.

Hello Gary,

Thank you for the very detailed review of our restaurant. You've certainly gave us a lot of positive accolades. We'll do our best to maintain these well into the future but we are just happy to continue serving our customers as we do. As long as they are happy we are happy. I'm also glad that you did not let the crass language detract from the experience. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks again for the review and for being a customer of Cail Bruich.

Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
“Seven Course Taster Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had the seven course taster menu with a glass of champagne.
Used a voucher my husband had bought......
Cail Bruich never fail to please. Suffice it to say it was superb.
Presentation of food was first class, an art in itself.
Food divine, and each course was explained by staff.
Wonderful all round.
Our compliments to the chef.
Extremely good, proficient staff.
Cannot wait to return again...

Hello JHL,

Very pleased to see you came back again and left another review. Thank you for all the compliments. We'll do our best to make it 3 for 3 enjoyable visits on the next one, whenever that may be. In the meantime take care and thanks again.

Kind regards,

Chris.
“3 great meals + 1 bad meal = poor review!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Cail Bruich was my favourite restaurant in Glasgow, but I won't be back anytime soon.

I've had 3 fantastic meals and enjoyed great service, but my last experience was terrible. The food was served stone cold. The waiting staff did not ask if everything was ok, nor were anywhere to be found when I wanted to send it back to the kitchen! 20 minutes after I did get to complain, the table next to us sent the same dish back for the same reason. Obviously my complaint didn't make it back to the kitchen.

I expect excellent service at a restaurant of this standard and was let down badly. Even though I couldn't eat my meal, I did not get a satisfactory resolution!

Wouldn't recommend. Such a shame as I really enjoyed my previous visits!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank JamieGr
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello Jamie,

Thank you for the review and feedback. Forgive me but none of us can remember anything like this occurring within the restaurant. This may have been because it was back in June 2012 when you visited. Was it June of last year or this year?

Overall your review is very vague and doesn’t offer a lot of insight in to the situation. We pride ourselves on the highest standards possible and any complaint is dealt with swiftly and appropriately. Naturally we would have done the same for you if you had told us there was an issue. It just doesn’t add up that we would know about such an incident yet effectively do nothing to resolve it as you have said.

There are also a few things we aren’t too sure of though, perhaps you could help and we can come to a resolution.

What were the dishes you and your guest ordered on this particular occasion? Can you describe your waiting staff member? Also if you truly know our restaurant you must be aware that it is nigh on impossible for waiting staff to hide anywhere within the restaurant.

Might I also ask why you have judged us so harshly on this one occasion if you had such an excellent experience three times previous to this? Surely there’s room to give us the benefit of the doubt if indeed this is a genuine review?

I hope we can get to the bottom of this soon as it does not sound like Cail Bruich at all. Please contact me at the restaurant so we can discuss it further and if need be offer an appropriate resolution to you and your guest.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
“Glaswegian Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was recommended to us by a local foody as the best restaurant in Glasgow. We were not dissappointed. Run by two brothers who obviously really care about their customers and their food - which was sublime. Great service, great menu, and great location (opposite The Botanic Gardens). Will definitately go back if I'm within 100 miles of Glasgow.They have won awards and deserve many more!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello Willmb,

Many thanks for the kind review. Please also pass my thanks to the person who recommended us to you. If you are ever back in Glasgow please let us know. We'll be more than happy to have you back and thank you for also mentioning the awards.

Kind regards,