“Friday night Tasting Menu”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #18 of 2,507 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a fantastic meal at this restaurant. Had the 6 course tasting menu with wine flight and was really enjoyable. For all it is slightly pricey I believe was well worth the money. Ambience was perfect and staff were very good.

Would definitely return...

1  Thank Iainhilary

Hello Iain,

Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. It's good to know we are ticking the boxes for our customers. Allow us to recommend a few dishes next time you dine with us.

Until then take care,

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Food was lovely nice presentation great flavours perfect portions,
Service was excellent attentive but not over powering.
I will highly recommend.

Hello Mark,

Great review thanks for taking the time to write that for us. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We tried the taster menu with matching wines on Sunday with the extra cheese dish and port and a couple of cocktails. The food was beautifully presented and was so flavoursome. I had the vegetarian option and was really pleased with the inventiveness of all the courses. There was too much food to list everything we had, but trust me each course outdid the last. My daughter had the non veggie food and she too enjoyed every course.. We lingered with every mouthful because we didn't want it to end. Staff were attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back. We are glad we found this place and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for excellent food in a quality restaurant.

Hi Foodie1610,

Many thanks for coming by. And for leaving us this great review of course. I'm glad you found the vegetarian tasting menu to your liking. We like to change it regularly so the next time you dine with us you might find some differences, all just as enjoyable as this experience we hope!

Thanks again for taking the time to leave us a review. See you soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Having been before to this restaurant and really enjoying the food me and my girlfriend thought we would try the 7 course taster menu this time and we certainly were not disappointed. From start to finish the whole menu was amazing and every course seemed to be better than the last, i won't go into to much detail to ruin the surprise but my favorite courses were the amazing lamb course and the lemon souffle at the end, AMAZING!!! It won't be long until this restaurant is number one on TripAdvisor for Glasgow as it really does deserve to be there!

1  Thank jamie h

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for coming by again. Very happy to have served you both again and thanks for the fantastic review. Glad you didn't spoil the surprise for other diners...you sure sell it well for us though!

There might be a few new dishes or even an entirely new tasting menu the next time you order it. We like to keep it changing regularly.

As far as the top spot goes as long as we do right by our customers that''ll please us!

Until next time. Thanks again Jamie.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having passed Cail Bruich twice a day heading to and from work I had often wondered what it was like inside. I finally had the chance to find out when hubby and I were looking for somewhere to eat before a show at Oran Mor.

It is a small restaurant, mainly for couples or older families as I just can't imagine small children bein catered for! We plumped for the Market Menu and although some of the combinations looked strange they tasted absolutely wonderful. The makrel starter was peppery without being ott, the line caught ling main course came with caramalised cauliflower, something I was screwing my nose up at as a confirmed veg hater! How wrong I was, it tasted gorgeous. Sweet and not tough. I ate it all. The ling was perfectly cooked and fell apart as soon as you put your knife near it. Piece de resistance was our choice of sweet...carrot cake with carrot sorbet. Cue much screwing up of my face but the sorbet was one scoop and deliciously refreshing, the carrot cake was melt in the mouth and the light sauce was just enough without overpowering everything. Total bill came to just short of £50 inc drinks and tip. Hoping to be back again in the very near future.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hello Dooley,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and I am very happy that you enjoyed your visit to Cail Bruich.

We have children of our own and are more than happy to cater for them. So if you are planning a visit with any wee ones let us know and I will be sure to cook something up that they will enjoy!

I'm very happy you enjoyed the food, come back soon and try some of our other dishes.

Take care.