“First evening in Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #14 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Ratingen, Germany
“First evening in Glasgow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

On the day we arrived in Glasgow from Germany our daughter arranged through 5pm.com for us to have dinner at Cail Bruich. The deal included a glass of prosecco each and the choice of a 2 or 3 course meal. The food was excellent in every way. I especially enjoyed the Scrabster cod starter (fish from my old home town!). The waiter was attentive and showed evidence of a keen sense of humour. This is an excellent restaurant & we look forward to future visits.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Happy Reise,

You'll have to pass my thanks on to your daughter - I'm very happy you all enjoyed your time with us - when you are back in Glasgow do let us know again.

Thank you for taking the time to also leave the review. We all really appreciate it here.

Kind regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Took my wife here for a birthday dinner in march and cannot rate the experience highly enough, attentive service, food to die for and drinks to match, thank you to Paul and Chris for making me look good on my wifes birthday. For anyone going along I would advise getting Paul to match up your wines with your meal as the sweet chenin with the foie gras was magical.

Hello Forja

Not a problem, we are both more than happy to help where we can. Glad you both had a nice evening and I hope you get the same treatment for your birthday!

Hopefully see you soon,

glasgow
“lovely lunch, going back to try dinner!!!:”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

First class, felt at home the minute we walked in the door, nothing was too much trouble for "mum" and even though we had the taster menu voucher, we felt really valued,chef even agreed to make a couple of changes for hubby who doesn,t like parmesan and me who doesn,t like anything from the sea. Overall would highly recommend it,

• Visited April 2013
Hi Allison,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we all really appreciate it. Always more than happy to cater for our customers, it's no problem at all. I hope we see you both returning again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Booked Cail Bruich at short notice. Would have preferred a restaurant somewhere in the city centre, however it was a delightful find in the west end and close to Subway stations. After entering from the cold outside through thick curtains, the restaurant was nice and warm. Staff were friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. The smoked mashed potato was lovely.

With it being a scottish restaurant I would have liked to have seen cranachan on the menu, however this is a minor point.

Hello there Ediski,

Thank you for your review, we all really appreciate it. If you don't mind me saying we do actually have it on the menu occasionally, but we like to change things regularly too so customers can try different desserts they might not otherwise have. I'd be happy to make a batch up for your next visit if you let me know when you are coming.

Thanks again,

Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
“Would highly recommend to try Tasting Menu!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Superb food. Tantalizing tastes. Excellent wines, complemented food perfectly. Chocolates were divine, tasted heavenly. Extremely friendly and prompt service.
Would recommend Tasting Menu. Wonderful........

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JHL1950
Hello JHL950,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Occasionally depending on the event we do different tasting menus, watch out for some of them in the future. Until then I hope we'll see you again soon.