“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #9 of 2,386 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Booked Cail Bruich at short notice. Would have preferred a restaurant somewhere in the city centre, however it was a delightful find in the west end and close to Subway stations. After entering from the cold outside through thick curtains, the restaurant was nice and warm. Staff were friendly and efficient and the food was excellent. The smoked mashed potato was lovely.

With it being a scottish restaurant I would have liked to have seen cranachan on the menu, however this is a minor point.

Hello there Ediski,

Thank you for your review, we all really appreciate it. If you don't mind me saying we do actually have it on the menu occasionally, but we like to change things regularly too so customers can try different desserts they might not otherwise have. I'd be happy to make a batch up for your next visit if you let me know when you are coming.

Thanks again,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kilmacolm, United Kingdom
“Would highly recommend to try Tasting Menu!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Superb food. Tantalizing tastes. Excellent wines, complemented food perfectly. Chocolates were divine, tasted heavenly. Extremely friendly and prompt service.
Would recommend Tasting Menu. Wonderful........

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank JHL1950
Hello JHL950,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Occasionally depending on the event we do different tasting menus, watch out for some of them in the future. Until then I hope we'll see you again soon.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Best in the west”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

we are staying in Glasgow for a short time .After a browse along the Great western Road we stumbled into Cail Bruich. What a delight too. Lunch was fresh and elegantly served. the service was very quick and unobtrusive. Gourmet food without pretensions an excellent menu and my husband. Says the beer was good,!!! There were all ages and families eating there at lunch time but I think anyone would feel welcome at any time

Hi Anne,

I'm glad you stumbled across us and had a nice time, good enough to leave a review obviously! Thank you for that. When you are back in Glasgow please visit again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“scottish fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was a freezing cold night in mid march and as we entered through a heavy velvet semi circular curtain the warmth embraced us immediately with cold being shut out behind us. This a small restaurant but with the tables set out in such a way that no one is looking over other tables. The staff were very friendly, service excellent and food to 'die for'. It's a small menu but everything is cooked to order and the menu changes frequently according to what's available locally.

Hi Catriona,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad we could help on the cold evening. Springtime Glasgow, the joys! I'm often protected by the warm kitchen and it's usually the summer weather that gets me (more heat on top of the already warm kitchen). But I digress, thanks for the review again and I do hope you return soon. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Chris
“Delicious food and attentive service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I visited this fantastic restaurant yesterday, and was delighted with the quality of the food and the friendly attentive service.

We all had chateaubriand and asked if it could be prepared 'well done' as that is our preference when ordering steak. The waitress explained she would ask the chef as chateaubriand was usually prepared medium rare. We were delighted when we were advised this would be no problem but would take a bit longer. This was no issue as the restaurant environment was warm and welcoming which added to the convivial occasion of celebrating a 30th Birthday for a good friend.

We were presented with an appetiser of apple with blue cheese which was delicious, and quite unexpected. When it was time for the main event to be presented I was pleasantly surprised with the fantastic presentation of the chateaubriand accompanied with delicious smoked potatoes, braised shallot, confit tomato and garlic butter. This was most definitely the best steak I have tasted, and I have sampled quite a few over the years in the UK and overseas.

The fine dining experience of this exemplary restaurant made me want to sample more and I opted for a delicious dark chocolate dessert which consisted of a dark chocolate fondant with sorbet which was delightful. My dining companions opted for the pineapple and apple tarte tatin which were praised highly.

I have no hesitation in highly recommending this fine restaurant and look forward to returning soon to sample some of the other fantastic menu items.

1 Thank Glasgowclass
Hello there Glasgowclass,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a very positive and detailed review. We are always happy to accommodate particular customer requests and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the steak.

We look forward to having you back soon. If there are any recommendations we can make when you are back let us know.