“Wonderful evening out”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #19 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful evening out”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to celebrate Valentines' Day. The inside of the restaurant was decorated nicely and felt very cosy and romantic with a sense of style.

They had a special Valentines menu but we decided to go for the ala carte instead as we wanted to try their scallops.The bread was savoury and absolutely delightful! The scallops were enormous, fresh and sweet. I ordered lemon sole and it was cooked well and it was very fresh. My boyfriend had pickled mackerel for his starter and pheasant for his mains from the market menu.

The service was excellent and although the prices were a little steep for the ala carte, it was totally worth it! The market menu makes it much more affordable, would go back again!

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi Trish

Glad you both had a nice time. We'd be pleased to welcome you both back anytime. Try booking in for the tasting menu - it's a little different and good to try quite a few dishes you might not otherwise order.

In the meantime take care.

Chris.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow
“Very expensive - and worth every penny.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Brought my nephew here for a birthday treat and we each had the beef rib. Utterly fabulous, one of the best meals I have ever had. A very special touch was the marrow in the bone. The ambience and service are superb. Expensive, but worth it as a very special treat. The portions were generous and we had no room for pudding, which was a shame!

• Visited March 2013
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello Joe,

Thanks for the review. I'm pleased to hear you found everything to your liking and that is a shame about dessert! I hope to see you again soon so that we can see what you think of them.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Things Have Only Got Better!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Many moons ago my wife and I visited Cail Bruich. It had just opened and whilst we found it OK but we were seriously underwhelmed. We never went back. Recently our friends and family have giving the place rave reports. So last Sunday we had a family lunch there and are now fully signed up to the Cail Bruich fan base! I would tell you about the game or the hake or gnocchi but all five of us had the roast beef - it was Sunday lunch after all! It was excellent. There was just the right amount of food - neither silly wee nouvelle plates nor huge piled up mountain high portions. The beef was cooked to perfection and the joy of the Yorkshire pudding and salt baked carrot were only overtaken by the wonderful duck fat roast potatoes. Puddings were great as well - two rhubarb crumbles, one posset and a parfait not only looked fantastic but my family tell me were all delicious. I had wonderful cheese from George Mewes. Perfect Sunday lunch. We'll be back - soon!

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Hickel,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm not sure what happened during your first visit but I'm very glad that you gave us a second chance. Clearly we got it all right this time.

Thank you for leaving such detail for other customers to see, it's much appreciated and I hope that we see you all again soon.

Kind regards

“Fantastic Dining”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My friend and I visited for lunch. The atmosphere and service was warm and friendly, the food was well presented and more importantly it tasted simply delicious. An excellent restuarant and would highly recommend it.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello Dippy,

Thanks for your comments. I'll pass the feedback to our front of house staff too, they'll be happy to hear it. I hope you both return soon.

Kind regards

“Exquisite dining”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I visited for a Valentine's Day dinner and were delighted with the quality of both food and service. The restaurant has a lovely subdued atmosphere which makes it ideal for a special occasion. We were served by a selection of staff, each friendly and professional and coordinated by the restaurant manager. We chose the Valentine's menu and it was an absolute delight! I'm not a foodie so unfortunately I can't do the courses justice - but it all tasted great to me. The main course was a rack of lamb for two and it was absolutely delicious.

I would not hesitate to recommend a visit here as soon as possible.They offer a good choice of two-course and three-course menus at very reasonable prices.

I'll be back!

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello there UKRO,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the restaurant.

You do the courses and food justice enough by leaving us a positive review!

I hope we see you both returning again soon.

Kind regards,