“Exquisite dining”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #19 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I visited for a Valentine's Day dinner and were delighted with the quality of both food and service. The restaurant has a lovely subdued atmosphere which makes it ideal for a special occasion. We were served by a selection of staff, each friendly and professional and coordinated by the restaurant manager. We chose the Valentine's menu and it was an absolute delight! I'm not a foodie so unfortunately I can't do the courses justice - but it all tasted great to me. The main course was a rack of lamb for two and it was absolutely delicious.

I would not hesitate to recommend a visit here as soon as possible.They offer a good choice of two-course and three-course menus at very reasonable prices.

I'll be back!

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hello there UKRO,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the restaurant.

You do the courses and food justice enough by leaving us a positive review!

I hope we see you both returning again soon.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Cail Bruich

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My work colleagues and I visited for Xmas lunch and thought all aspects of food, presentation and service excellent.

Highly recommended this restaurant as one I Glasgows best

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hello Johnnyed,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We all very much appreciate it and hope to see you guys return when the next office party is being planned.

Take care,

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We seen this place on a deal on itson so thought we would try it out, it was a 4 course taster menu we had and i must say every course we had was of a high standard and i would not have one complaint. Having been to a few Michelin star restaurants in Edinburgh i would say this small gem in Glasgow is really close to the standards of these restaurants in my opinion. Having went on a voucher i will definitely be returning again as i thoroughly enjoyed it and wouldn't mind paying full price.

2  Thank jamie h
Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello Jamie,

Many thanks for the positive review. I'm thankful that you took the time to do that for us. Thanks for comparing us to the restaurants you visited in Edinburgh. We'll keep up the good work at our end for you return.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were given a voucher from friends for this restaurant and had no expectations. The food was simply delicious the staff friendly and attentive yet what a fabulous relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely return. Simply brilliant.

Hello Jomcgo,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and for the kind words. I'll have to thank your friends too for passing on the voucher. Hope to see you all returning soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our 2nd visit, 1st time we had the tasting menu which is excellent, however, this time we went for the a la carte. The food was very good, well presented and the gents in our company loved the venison and pigeon. The service is 1st class and the atmosphere is very welcoming and relaxed. Would highly recommend a visit.

Hello Pam02,

Thank you for your second visit and for taking leaving us a review. I'm pleased to read you would recommend us around. I'll pass on the feedback to the front of house guys too, they'll be pleased to hear of another set of happy customers.

Keep an eye out through the year for some special events and tasting menus. If you are looking for something else to try you could come by on a Sunday and order our roast. It was recently voted one of the best in Britain in the Independent.

Thanks again and see you soon.