“The Independent newspaper was right it is a fabulous restaurant”
Review of Cail Bruich

Cail Bruich
Ranked #19 of 2,471 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, French, Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: Influenced by both classical and modern cooking techniques, we serve contemporary Scottish Cuisine in the heart of Glasgow's West End. 3 AA Rosettes.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We read the review in a recent saturday independent and decided to book as we were visiting Glasgow last weekend. Cail Bruich did not disappoint. The staff and service was great from the moment we walked through the door. The surroundings are comfortable and smart. The food was fabulous from the first mouthful of warm freshly baked bread. We managed the three course sunday lunch with coffee and hand made chocolates - white chocolate and cardamon WOW!
We both enjoyed every course and marvelled at the flavour combinations and the attention to detail. We would whole heartedly recommend this restaurant and are only sorry we don't live north of the Border to appreciate it more regularly!!

There are newer reviews for Cail Bruich

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm kind of running out of superlatives for this restaurant. It really is different class! Firstly, the food and service are of the very highest quality. This time we enjoyed the 4-course tasting lunch menu with matching wines which was flawless from start to finish. Having first been served food by Chris in Noma, it's blatantly obvious that he's used that experience and stamped his own signature all over it which results in a very unique and excellent experience for the diner. Bringing a very personal touch to the fine dining arena is not easy but Cail Bruich manage it with ease. Despite being surrounded by quality restaurants in Edinburgh, we are always recommending this place and many have made the trip through and all have been very impressed. Cail Bruich, and the whole family making the magic happen, I salute you! We'll definitely see you soon and I'm quite sure the inspectors will too!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely meal in Cail Bruich last night. We had the Market Menu and felt it was really good value for money. The combination of flavours and quality of ingredients used were really superb. The service was really good smooth and attentive with a personal touch. I would recommend this resturant to anyone. We have been a few times but I have never written a review for it before but it is well overdue as we had an excellent evening.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to Cail Bruich last night and had the tasting menu - it was the best meal Ive ever had with exceptional service. I can't recommend this restaurant enough and everything on the menu was exquisite. Should be much higher on the list for Glasgow restaurants - by far the best - and a better meal than the one I had in Gordon Ramsay's Michelin Star Savoy Grill in London.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been here once before, and it was exceptional. I never reviewed last time until I noticed how low they were down on the tripadvisor list - they should be in the top ten.

I had the slow cooked hen's egg and the pheasant. Really tasty. Finished off with the sorbet, it was fantastic.

The menu changes very often to suit the season, also the food can be classed as local, as in no US, or Central European ingrediants (well as close as possible). The staff are brilliant. Especially the more mature gentleman who was a real host.

THANKS, see you soon again.

Chris C, Owner at Cail Bruich, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Hello zerotimbo,

Thanks for coming by for a second visit and for taking the time to leave us a review.

If we make it to the top 10 then that will be great, but in the meantime we'll endeavour to keep doing right by you guys.

Thanks for pointing out the service too, I'll pass the feedback to the member of staff you are referring to.

Hope to see you again,