“Helped to make early birthday treat fantastic”
Review of Strata

Strata
Ranked #32 of 205 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Scotlands "best new bar" fantastic food, extensive wine list and award winning cocktail bartenders set in luxurious surroundings in the heart of the city centre
Scotland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Helped to make early birthday treat fantastic”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was in Glasgow as an early 21st birthday treat with my mum to see Hairspray and we decided to try the Strata again for dinner. Luckily we booked a table as the restaurant was fully booked all night (this is a good sign to me). Starters - haggis & black pudding bon bons, chicken kebab main courses - steak pie, macaroni, desserts - dessert platters and yet again the food was delicious. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff and nothing was a problem to them. The atmosphere and music was fab and this was a great end to a wonderful day. We also returned the following day for afternoon tea and cocktails. Sandwiches, cakes (especially the fruit scone which was delicious!) and a beautiful white chocolate pot along with a French martini & strawberry & vanilla cosmo was just what we needed on a depressing Sunday afternoon. Yet again we were very happy with our Strata experience and will definitely return.

Visited May 2013
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to review us.

I'm delighted we got things right for you.

Regards

Perthshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Dreadful”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I booked a 5pm deal for afternoon tea & cocktails. We were seated hidden behind 2 huge pillars with the view to the rear being a manky wall. The sandwiches were woeful, stale bread and unappetising fillings and the cakes were not much better with the exception of the fruit scone! My cocktail had a piece of grubby looking orange peel chucked in which looked hideous. The staff had a couldn't care less air about them. I got the definite impression that those with vouchers were treated as 2nd class citizens. We've been to many establishments for afternoon tea over the years but this was, by far, the very worse.

Visited April 2013
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks for your review.
Sorry you weren't happy with the afternoon tea or the service. We will take on board your comments, especially about the staff attitude.
As for the view of a 'manky wall' i'm afraid you'll have to take that up with our neighbours or the council as we have no control over it.

With regard your seating, you will have been sat where you were because we were full up, not because you were using a voucher- I can assure you we make no distinction between customers with vouchers and 'normal' paying guests. If anything we play on the fact that guests with vouchers are generally first time customers and that it's a big opportunity to turn them into regulars. I'm sorry that we have clearly missed that chance with you.

Regards
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money 5****”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food was faultless and very tasty, service very good. Inside very cosy and modern. Had a 2 course menu and it was an absolute bargain for what we received. cool cocktails, Would happily go again

Visited April 2013
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review, delighted you enjoyed it.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cocktail Masterclass”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Myself and my 4 friends attended Strata's Cocktail Masterclass which was great fun and we all had a great time. It was good value for money as you get to make the cocktails and receive a complementary one on arrival as well as learning about the history behind them. Also the service was fantastic throughout the night and attend to your every need.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Liz F
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thanks for your review :)
Irvine, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was looking for a deal on Groupon to take my friends out to celebrate one of our birthdays and came across Strata Afternoon Tea with cocktails which sounded just perfect. Unfortunately it wasn’t. The sandwiches and cocktails were lovely but the scones and cakes were cold, rock hard and had the look about them that they had been frozen. Services was also very slow and it was practically empty, when we complained about the scones and cakes the waitress went to see the chief. On her return she apologised saying the chief had said they were yesterdays and were maybe in the fridge too long and offered us cocktails to make up for this. We took up this offer and had another cocktail. But to say Strata is award-winning is abit too much when it isn’t that hard to make fresh scones and cupcakes everyday when reservations have been made for afternoon tea. Wont be taking my friends there again!!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Linsey232
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry we let you down with the afternoon tea.
We make dozens of fresh cakes and scones every morning, there was no reason for you to get one of the previous days batch. I have taken measures to ensure that doesn't happen again.
Glad the staff made an effort to appease you, it doesn't seem to have worked.
I'll be pleased to get you and a friend in for a complimentary afternoon tea if you wish, just ask for me when you call to book it.

We are award winning so i'm afraid it's not too much to say that we are, it's just a matter of fact.

Best wishes