“Cocktail Masterclass”
Review of Strata

Strata
Ranked #35 of 206 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Scotlands "best new bar" fantastic food, extensive wine list and award winning cocktail bartenders set in luxurious surroundings in the heart of the city centre
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Myself and my 4 friends attended Strata's Cocktail Masterclass which was great fun and we all had a great time. It was good value for money as you get to make the cocktails and receive a complementary one on arrival as well as learning about the history behind them. Also the service was fantastic throughout the night and attend to your every need.

1  Thank Liz F
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thanks for your review :)

There are newer reviews for Strata

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was looking for a deal on Groupon to take my friends out to celebrate one of our birthdays and came across Strata Afternoon Tea with cocktails which sounded just perfect. Unfortunately it wasn’t. The sandwiches and cocktails were lovely but the scones and cakes were cold, rock hard and had the look about them that they had been frozen. Services was also very slow and it was practically empty, when we complained about the scones and cakes the waitress went to see the chief. On her return she apologised saying the chief had said they were yesterdays and were maybe in the fridge too long and offered us cocktails to make up for this. We took up this offer and had another cocktail. But to say Strata is award-winning is abit too much when it isn’t that hard to make fresh scones and cupcakes everyday when reservations have been made for afternoon tea. Wont be taking my friends there again!!

2  Thank Linsey232
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry we let you down with the afternoon tea.
We make dozens of fresh cakes and scones every morning, there was no reason for you to get one of the previous days batch. I have taken measures to ensure that doesn't happen again.
Glad the staff made an effort to appease you, it doesn't seem to have worked.
I'll be pleased to get you and a friend in for a complimentary afternoon tea if you wish, just ask for me when you call to book it.

We are award winning so i'm afraid it's not too much to say that we are, it's just a matter of fact.

Best wishes

Vinnie

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Came across a deal for Strata and as we were visiting Glasgow for an overnight stay we decided to take advantage of the deal to see what the restaurant was like. The lovely Scottish weather i.e. rain was in full force the night we visited and being a Monday night the area wasn't too busy but there were 2 or 3 other parties dining at the same time we were, hopefully the numbers will increase at weekends because Strata really is a lovely venue with a good menu. For starters we decided to share a portion of nachos between the two of us, when the plate came it could've easily been shared between 3-4, so was a great start as we love our food and love good portions! For main course we both chose the fish finger sandwich which yet again was huge and came with a side of strata slaw & home cut chips, everything was delicious. To finish off we both chose sticky toffee pudding, I've had different opinions about the sticky toffee pudding I've had in different restaurants but have to say this was one of the best I have ever tasted! Staff were friendly and helpful and I'm glad we decided to try Strata, it does seem to be a bit more hidden than some restaurants but I'm sure it is up & coming and hopefully people will spot it when shopping and drop in for lunch/dinner. We had a great meal & would definitely return.

1  Thank PuertoRicoLover
Strata Q, Owner at Strata, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thanks very much for your review.

I've passed your comments on the sticky toffee pudding on to the chef. We'll never hear the end of it!

Regards

Vinnie

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We went at 12.30pm on a Sunday for the sharing roast, the place was empty and freezing inside. The butcher hadn't been so the roasts weren't available along with burgers etc. the waiter suggested a rib eye to share and I went with that. It was pretty disappointing and the meat was almost raw, I could eat it but my poor sister who I talked out of the ish and chips, could only eat the veg. I'm sure other things on the menu would be nice but the whole experience was just ok.

2  Thank kakat
Reviewed January 26, 2013

had a fab birthday meal in strata yesterday.food was really nice and staff pleasant and couldnt do enough for you.would definetly go to strata again. jeanette