“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Darcy's

Darcy's
Ranked #402 of 2,387 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Central Princes Square restaurantDarcy’s is conveniently located in the heart of Glasgow’s exclusive shopping mecca Princes Square. It is ideally placed for a bite after work, a break from shopping with friends or a pre night out meal. The menu ranges from bar food to continental brasserie style dishes.From skewered halloumi to pan fried seabassDarcy’s menu suits all appetites from a range of small plates like Tiger prawns and skewered halloumi to platters like the antipasti di carne – salami, prosciutto, chorizo, pastrami, breads, olives and pickles.Its dishes are made from locally sourced, fresh and sustainable produce and for a more hearty meal, main courses range from pot-roast supreme of chicken with Lyonaise potatoes, ratatouille and rosemary jus to pan-fried fillet of seabass with sauté potatoes, shallots, coriander and herb butter.If you’re looking to rest your weary consumer legs from shopping, Darcy’s is the perfect location and has a delicious sandwich menu. The roast chicken Caesar bagel or the deli stack featuring sliced meats, cream cheese, mustard mayo, onion, tomato and lettuce are sure to keep your shopping energy levels topped up.Darcy’s hasn’t forgotten the kids either. There is a 3D menu complete with glasses and a toy room to keep them entertained.Just off Buchanan StreetDarcy’s is in a prime location in Princes Square shopping centre off Buchanan Street. It is a five minute walk to Central and Queen train stations and a few minutes walk to Buchanan and St Enoch’s underground stations.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you’ve got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Visited with a recently purchased voucher.Two courses and bottle of wine for twenty pounds.Food was ok.Both of us had the chicken with ratatouille...ok but bit stringy and little ratatouille.Wine was ok but not on their regular wine list..the service was attentive and atmosphere pleasant.Deals are meant to entice customers back.Maybe we ordered the wrong choice but feel Darcy's isn't quite our scene.Being honest it was alright and average but glad I didnt pay full price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Darcys G, General Manager at Darcy's, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Mrcpych,

Many thanks for taking the time to pass on your thoughts on your recent visit to Darcy's.

I take it from your comments you took advantage of our two mains courses and a bottle of house wine for £20 offer via ITISON Glasgow. I believe during your visit we had ran out our stock of he wine included in the offer and you received our substitute.

Your feedback on the chicken has been passed on to our chef and supplier to ensure any steps necessary are taken to ensure future quality.

I hope you do choose Darcy's again in the future.

Scotland
“Enjoyed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

We called in at Princes Square on a busy Saturday before Christmas. As we arrived with my future daughter in law and her 3 children and my husband there was a school choir singing - it was lovely- we were told that there would be a small wait. We were in no hurry so we enjoyed the Carol singing and my grandsons were engrossed in the singing too. The Square was very busy and so was Darcy's, we had to wait a little longer than we thought but we understood that it was very popular. When we were taken to our table the staff were very helpful in answering our querrys we had with the menu. The service was fairly quick despite them being very busy.Value for money and would go back again,

Dear gers9,

I appreciate you taking the time to pass on your comments on your recent visit to Darcy's.

It sounds like you really enjoyed the entire experience. I hope you choose to return soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor Service, poor everything”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went in early for dinner and was not busy at all, yet waitied 15 mins on a latte, when it did arrive it was luke warm as i had seen it sit on the bar top for 5 minutes before anyone even brought it over( i knew it was mine). Ordered a steak sandwich which was brilliant so 5/5 for that but the attitude and the plate being thrown down as if i was a burden really took the shine off for me. Wont be back

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darcys G, General Manager at Darcy's, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Paul F,

Many thanks for letting us know about your recent visit to Darcy's.

I am pleased you found your food brilliant. I would like to personally apologise for the service, or lack of, you received. Rest assured this type of drinks quality and guest interaction is something we are taking all measures possible to ensure does not happen.

I would love the opportunity to show you our service is far better than you experienced on this occasion. Please contact me at kevin.lightbody@g1group.com to discuss your visit and to personally invite you back in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good good, service could be better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had dinner in Darcy's with a friend just before New Year. We turned up with no booking, but the restaurant was quiet so we were given a booth. We did stand at the host table for several minutes while the member of staff there ignored us. All it takes is a simple smile and 'I'll be with you in a moment'! Service after that was a bit strange, two members of staff who served us spoke very quickly and quietly so we had to keep asking them to repeat themselves, one asked us if we wanted more drinks when we were both sitting with full pint glasses of soft drinks! They did give the tiniest straws with the pint glasses which I found a bit strange as you couldn't really use them for most of the drink unless you tipped the glass up.

Food was very nice and reasonably priced for the location. Steak was cooked perfectly and the portion of steak frites was quite large.

As it was quiet we were able to sit for some time after we finished eating, having drinks, I don't know if this would be the case if they were busy. Also, I imagine the restaurant would be quite noisy at busier times as all the other restaurants in the centre are open plan. Good choice for a bite to eat while out though. We were given a card for discounted food and drinks at any G1 establishment with our bill, but even without this I would probably return to Darcy's.

Dear Elljay01,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your visit to Darcy's.

I am thrilled to know you found our food quality and offer great value. However, I would like to apologise for the delay in being attended to initially on your arrival. Your other comments on service are very helpful and we will be using incorporating them in our ongoing team training plans.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

“disappointing first visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Looking for a treat of a lunch, decided on Darcy's, and left feeling ripped off and neglected.
Service is incredibly poor, waitresses much more interested in chatting than their customers and food is overpriced for what turned out to be an incredibly average meal.
Shall not be encouraging friends and family to visit.

• Visited January 2014
Dear kfm2014,

I am sorry to hear your first visit to Darcy's was not to the standard you would expect.

Customer service and food quality is something we are constantly trying to improve and your feedback will certainly help. Your comments have been discussed with our entire service team and I am confident you would find a marked improvement should you choose to return.